Sign in to follow this  
styckx

Successful long hauls

Brian had a good thread yesterday that unfortunately got closed..   So.. Let's keep this open and report positive long haul experiences.. Tubes, GA, Choppers.. Bring it all. Much better than hearing what didn't go right this way we can gauge with a very good user experience what is more than likely "ok" to use in the sim since a long haul is a pretty darn good base line to go by.

I'm taking baby steps.. Adding in something, testing, rinse repeat.. Starting with planes first.  I am adamantly against just dumping tons of FSX addons at it at once. 

Plane: Carenado Stationair (mipped!)

Scenery addons: None

Settings: About a notch above default in key areas (shadows/water).. Rest was typical FSX settings anyone can get away with.  / No HDR

AA: 8X MSAA / 2XSGSSAA

Textures - 4096

Peak VAS - 3.2

Weather - One of the thick cloud Orbx themes I copied over

Cruise - 15k

Flight Plan - Was gunning for Milwaukee but fuel was cutting it close. Had about 19 Gallons when I decided to divert to Grand Rapids..

Am18RG7.jpg

For you stat monkeys (divide User Time by 2 and you get a rough idea of total flight time. Over 4hrs)

YuBWDkY.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Brian had a good thread yesterday that unfortunately got closed..  

Bill, if you mean this thread, it survived :smile:

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Ahh.. I knew one got locked I thought it was that one.. :) Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.  Probably better off we start with a clean thread anyway.  :lol:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I've done overnight flights across the pond (Level D) and across america in the PMDG 737 without a single crash. Using FTX Global as well and several addon airports.

I ran a freeware SR-71 from JFK to LAX. FL850 @ mach 3.4, took about an hour, maybe less.

Then I overstressed it with negative g on the decent, getting down from there may be harder than getting up there.

I also went from SEA to SFO in a freeware A320. I don't really recall the parameters of that flight, I was mindlessly following ATC and plugging values into the AP.

I wonder if people realize they are posting in the Prepar3D forum? :Thinking:

On second thought, lets make it a bit more interesting:

k6g7.png

FSDT on both ends.  :Praying:

Regards,

Brian Doney

FSDT on both ends.  :Praying:

:lol:  Hope you have FSUIPC autosaves on.. Heavy airports is a coin flip even in FSX..

Time to descend! Initiate nail biting sequence!  :Nail Biting:

I just installed the iFly 737ng for v2 so once i get some airports installed i will be doing some hops around Europe once i find out what ones work and what ones don't but if i have the time i expect them to be over 1000nm :)

Will probably fly EGPH to LGSK as its a nice route to fly

-Paul-

Just completed this non-stop in the Lancair Legacy

P.S. The Legacy gets insane gas mileage.. I still had 11.2 gallons per tank at the end of this. 

N6jfzCd.jpg

3oFkSR6.jpg

My longest flight so far was in the Aerosft Airbus Extended, Opus Weather, EGPH to LFMN.. just under 2 hours 30 minutes from start to parking, textures got a little out of shape near the end but i was not using affintymask.

-Paul-

Could you please share your flight plan? I don't have Lancair Legacy, but I'd love to fly this route. It'll probably take me couple days to finish it, as I only have less than one hour fly time before going sleep...

Just completed this non-stop in the Lancair Legacy

P.S. The Legacy gets insane gas mileage.. I still had 11.2 gallons per tank at the end of this. 

N6jfzCd.jpg

3oFkSR6.jpg

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Hiya Flyce.. I do not.. I usually don't save my flight Plans as I make them up as I go..  I usually plot the first two way points before takeoff and then add a way point after each one I pass.  When I did this flight I knew I wanted to eventually land in NO but left my plan open enough the entire time to sight see if I choose until I reached NO..