Sign in to follow this  
gandy

Bouncing aircraft in v2 a temp fix to try

Posted this on the LM forums so thought i would share here as well

After spending ages trying to fix the bouncing aircraft issue i think i might of found a temp fix for people to try ( if you have the issue )

Load p3dv2 and go to the settings and disable tessellation, restart p3d and the bouncing on the runway and taxi ways should stop as it has for me.

For the P3D dev team.

While doing my testing and i did a fair bit in a short amount of time, it seems that on some aircraft ( default and addons ) that the [contact_points] entry in the aircraft.cfg is not being processed the in the same way when tessellation is turned on, this becomes apparent as the aircraft suspension is more spongy when making small turns on the ground at low taxi speeds causing the aircraft to lean over more. Its also more visible on the aircraft wheel struts animation that the suspension is a lot softer.

Changing the settings in [contact_points] entry can help reduce bouncing effect and the spongy suspension when tessellation is on but its very very hard to get it right so a quicker way would be for people to turn off tessellation and see if it works for them.

Just a copy and paste from there so hope it helps people who have the issue.

-Paul-

Do you notice much of difference in the graphics quality with tessellation off?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Do you notice much of difference in the graphics quality with tessellation off?

The main difference is the water effects as you loose the nice looking water in exchange for more of a fsx or 1.4 looking water and you will notice the change. Ground mesh wise not as much but i guess if you are using a very very high quality mesh  ( like 2m or lower ) you may notice a difference if flying in mountains but it would really be down to the mesh you use.

imo turning off tessellation brings v2 closer to 1.4 with regards to water and terrain.

-Paul-

OK, thanks for the information Gandy.  I wonder if this is something that LM can fix or if it means that each plane has to have the contact points edited manually.  That would be quite a project - especially for AI planes.  I see that you posted the fix in the LM forum so maybe it will be added to the list of fixes.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Try lowering the texture resolution. It fixed the bouncing for me.

Sent from my Mobile thing

sadly that did not work for me Will but i believe it has worked for some others so worth trying.

-Paul-