Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

EFASS flight planner...

IMPORTANT NOTE:

================

At least two AVSIM forum members have reported "weird" things happening with X-Plane after installing EFASS.

While I didn't so far get into any problems, at least in as far as I can tell, I can only advise you to be careful !!!

Also, check their support Forum here.

I am really enjoying it. Just tried with X-Plane, but am about to try it with FSX too!

And... it is ( still ) free :-)

Get it from here: http://froom.de/

I no longer recall my VATSIM user account, but you can even get auto-generated routes thorugh VATroute! Works great, even if it is not a PFPX....

Export of flightplans for X-plane, or specific add-ons like FlyJsim Q-400 and JARDesigns NEO A320!

Requires registration.

The installed plugin is a great flight information companion, including ACARS and flight map, etc....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yeah, It adds a lot even a passenger roster for your flight report! Not sure where it came from, but I'm enjoying it. I used for FF757 yesterday, it provided all I needed, fuel, weather,weights.

I see it uses OSM maps for it's graphical views.... another reason to annotate the OSM database....

Not to cause alarm, but just something to double check. I installed this the other day and was using it to fly to KMSN from KMKE. All was going well until I was on final approach and noticed I couldn't find the airport. I knew I was right on the ILS to minimums, but was looking at a grass field. The airport was gone. I then went into the Location/Select Global Airport section of the tool bar to find it (KMSN) was not even an option. I checked for several other random airports across the US, even large ones like KLAX, KBOS, etc. and they were gone too. It seemed to be a random wipeout since other airports were still there. I'm not saying this addon was the cause, but I since uninstalled it, and got my airports back with the X-plane updater. All is back to normal, but I'm afraid to try this cool addon again.

Tom

Not to cause alarm, but just something to double check. I installed this the other day and was using it to fly to KMSN from KMKE. All was going well until I was on final approach and noticed I couldn't find the airport. I knew I was right on the ILS to minimums, but was looking at a grass field. The airport was gone. I then went into the Location/Select Global Airport section of the tool bar to find it (KMSN) was not even an option. I checked for several other random airports across the US, even large ones like KLAX, KBOS, etc. and they were gone too. It seemed to be a random wipeout since other airports were still there. I'm not saying this addon was the cause, but I since uninstalled it, and got my airports back with the X-plane updater. All is back to normal, but I'm afraid to try this cool addon again.

Tom

Tom, thank you for the info!

The good thing is that we can easily backup our X-plane 10 installs... I keep an image of the X-Plane folder in an external disk, and update it each time I install something huge... ;-)

I'll keep an eye on this...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Not using it anymore .. had weird things happening to my XP install as well ..

Hmmmm

ok

Thx for the info :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

I'm curious as to what/how people are having issues? I mean I fire it up plan, print, and export. 

Not sure I understand why/how a flight planner would (or even should) be messing with the scenery folder, especially deleting stuff. Seems like something else going on here

Ok,

I emailled EFASS support and got a prompt reply. The author gave me permission to forward it here. They have other interesting applications, such as an excellent flight dispatcher that works great with the NEO A320.

Here's Till's kind answer, and, again, just as he points out, please use their own support forums to ask your questions and find answers !

---- transcript of email message received from one of the EFASS team members ----

"EFASS does not make any changes to X-Plane than installing one plugin called "XPUIPC" inside the plugin folder. That plugin is similar to FSUIPC for MSFS/FSX. From that point, EFASS is a complete standalone application that does no more interact with the SIM, except receiving data from the XPUIPC. So I doubt that those problems are connected to EFASS. We have around ~300 X-Plane-Users from the X-Plane.org forums who use EFASS and participated in the closed beta (including myself), and I must say - I never heard of such a problem.

The only thing I could imagine, is a busy PC in combination with EFASS (that usually needs some ressources for rendering and map caching).

So please be so kind and tell users with that problem, to post a report into our forum, we use that as centralized point for suggestions and bug-reports, and attach a) the efass_log.txt and b) their X-Plane log to their post.
"

Main Simulation Rig: