Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

So i finally said bye to EZDOK...

And it took me a while to get it work like i think it should( and by the way,so far iam quite happy !). just one thing that still bugging me is sometimes the cameras goes a little off then i set them. its mostly noticeable in the NGX hud. i set the camera so that the HUD display will be exactly in the middle. and when i open fsx again it off the center(like in the screenshot). and i have to change the cameras every time. does anyone know the reason for that ? 

P.S

Great job opus, for getting better all the time. im taking back all i said in the past.  :good: post-317803-0-58113400-1387293606.jpg

Roi Ben

The reason the camera viewpoint moves around from saved views is because of an internal FSX code problem.  The viewpoint in FSX changes based on the direction you are viewing and/or accelerating towards, I believe, true north.  This is why sometimes the viewpoints are correct and in other times they are not, or may be more or less pronounced in different regions of the world.

There's a long post somewhere here on Avsim about it but the short version is that it is an FSX limitation and there isn't anything we can do about it.

While in flight you could always use the in game camera control shortcut box and when the issue pops up you can re correct it or over correct it so when it changes again it'll slide into the proper position???

This FSX bug is more noticeable in larger aircraft.

You can use our LCC dialog or shortcut controls to tweek the view when this happens and use the Set Camera button. Occasionally FSX will reset the view again so you can then use the Reset button in the LCC dialog to reset the tweek.

Cheryl

I am also ready to give up on EZDock, however there seems to be a problem with the MJC Q400, when LC/DHM is enabled, this has also been reported in other posts (slight bank in cruise altitude, PFD not showing bank angle, constant refresh, etc.) I am not sure if Opus is aware of the issue, but that is the only thing holding me off from completely moving to LC/DHM

Keep up the good work Opus!

John.

I believe the Q400 is problematic, you could try lower DOF setting and introducing a delay (the latest beta goes up to a delay of 8) and if all that fails turn off bump aircraft to just leave DHM. See how that goes.

Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl, lowering DOF seems to help a great deal with the Q400, I will do more testing later...<br />John

And it took me a while to get it work like i think it should( and by the way,so far iam quite happy !). just one thing that still bugging me is sometimes the cameras goes a little off then i set them. its mostly noticeable in the NGX hud. i set the camera so that the HUD display will be exactly in the middle. and when i open fsx again it off the center(like in the screenshot). and i have to change the cameras every time. does anyone know the reason for that ? 

P.S

Great job opus, for getting better all the time. im taking back all i said in the past.  :good: attachicon.gifexmaple .jpg

Please share what you did am try to say good bye to Ezdok but only the DHM feature in Ezdok . Is there any way to use both? I am trying everything but just can't stop the automatic view change when speeding down the runway. I have never used OPUS DHM or TrackIR features.

Edited  - When i said use both i mean use both Ezdok an Opus DHM. I normally use trackIR with Ezdok .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

That's the well known FSX axis shift bug which is known to be most noticeable with the new PMDG 777. Use the Opus LCC adjustment, easiest using a dedicated 6 axis GamePad Controller, then the LCC Set Camera function to assign a temporary offset to your view. Occasionally the axis shift will reset once airborne, in which case just use any of the LCC Reset controls to reset. The procedure takes just a second when used to doing it.

Stephen

That's the well known FSX axis shift bug which is known to be most noticeable with the new PMDG 777. Use the Opus LCC adjustment, easiest using a dedicated 6 axis GamePad Controller, then the LCC Set Camera function to assign a temporary offset to your view. Occasionally the axis shift will reset once airborne, in which case just use any of the LCC Reset controls to reset. The procedure takes just a second when used to doing it.

Stephen

Am currently using PMDG -737NGX. I do have PS3 control will it be okay if i use that ?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

When i said use both i mean use both Ezdok an Opus DHM

No it is not possible to use both programs at the same time since they would both be trying to control the eye point at the same time.

BTW if you want to try OpusFSX DHM then use the EZCA restore utility to restore the files to their default settings before using Opus cameras or General DHM options.

Cheryl

I do have PS3 control will it be okay if i use that ?

Yes, follow the setup guide here http://www.simforums.com/forums/lcc-gamepad-controller_topic47361.html

Cheryl

The axis shift at certain locales is most noticeable in the HUD as the above image shows. The PS3 controller should be fine, I use a PS3 DualShock3 Controller myself. You can assign any joystick buttons or keys to the LCC functions but its easiest to use a dedicated GamePad controller. Don't forget to delete all automatically assigned functions in FSX/P3D before using it for LCC.

Stephen

No it is not possible to use both programs at the same time since they would both be trying to control the eye point at the same time.

BTW if you want to try OpusFSX DHM then use the EZCA restore utility to restore the files to their default settings before using Opus cameras or General DHM options.

Cheryl

Yes, follow the setup guide here http://www.simforums.com/forums/lcc-gamepad-controller_topic47361.html

Cheryl

The axis shift at certain locales is most noticeable in the HUD as the above image shows. The PS3 controller should be fine, I use a PS3 DualShock3 Controller myself. You can assign any joystick buttons or keys to the LCC functions but its easiest to use a dedicated GamePad controller. Don't forget to delete all automatically assigned functions in FSX/P3D before using it for LCC.

Stephen

Thank you , so that means i can't used the trackir feature in Ezdok i must use OPUS trackir feature to use the DHM OPUS feature? What i  was going to do was use Ezdok TrackIR an disable RO , DHM, CR  effects from Ezdok . Then try to use OPUS DHM option with out OPUS trackir enable. I understand now

Mr Leny