Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Hey Hi-Soft....

"I want ASN for XP.(x)...and I want it RIGHT NOW!"

Oh, I hope I didn't blow anybody's eardrums out.....

Ses

ASN ? :huh: What's this ?

I assume he means ActiveSky Next...?

Is it going to be developed for X-Plane, anyway?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

ASN ? :huh: What's this ?

(A)ctive (S)ky (N)ext...and active...it is... :)

I just came off of the best IFR flight (ASN/FSX) of my simulation life....I didn't see anything but a grey wall of cloud structure from FL210, right down to breaking out near the outer marker at 2,200 feet!  What a rush.....I was totally blind, and had my systems failed...well..I would have bought the farm... :(  This was just outside of London, Ontario today...snow squalls all the way down into the cloud deck....

I would have LOVED to have this in XPX!

C'mon we need a weather injector of the likes of this avaunt guard offering....  About my most recent FSX/ASN flight.....wow..............

I assume he means ActiveSky Next...?

Is it going to be developed for X-Plane, anyway?

You posted just as I was finishing mine to post, and no...no word from anybody,  Hi-Soft, Opus...well...REX is stating they are now going to be in the game, but I refer to a full-bore and dedicated weather injector.  Would love to see REX Extreme in the XPX arena...and hope we get it.

Here's my oppinion on ASN, as a long time beta tester for HiFiTechInc :-), and knowing that it will get even better, specially in it's P3Dv2 version!

( I should have given it 5 *****) : http://www.simreviewshouse.com/?post_type=reviews&p=475

And... honestly, this is what I think about how good ASN is, even as it is right now ( today the first patch was released to address some minor quirks... ): http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429573-first-asn-hot-fix-is-out/#entry2883629

I would really love to see the HiFi team turning their attention into X-Plane 10 as well !!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Xplane 10 weather really sucks and Skymaxx hardly fixed anything.  Flights still look back at any altitude. 

But, don't forget that Sky Maxx Pro is not meant to be a weather injector, but rather a weather depiction ( clouds, thunders  and visibility )  enhancement for X-plane 10, and it does a good job in that area, and will certainly get even better with future releases.

We now need weather injection itself to be addressed .... That's the next step... Unfortunately the NOAA plugin is apparently broken after 10.25 (?)....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

You know what to do boys. Spam their forums with pleas to develop for XP!

Yeah NOAA has wind issues after 10.25.............

Having wind issues is no joke.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I'm hoping Opus do an X-Plane version, cameras/effects and all. They've recently updated to do really smooth weather updates.

Also, AFAIK, a problem in X-Plane is that it only supports 3 weather layers (i.e. The clouds), whereas in FSX you can add several layers/wind layers, etc. Skymaxx Pro makes a big difference with how the weather is displayed, but it makes no difference to the actual METAR reports

You guys should all be bugging Pilots to speed up the support for XPlane with their FSGRW instead.  Of all the developers, only Pilots and REX have announced their intentions.  OPUS is too small and I doubt HiFi will think about X-Plane.

http://www.fly2pilots.com/cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=253b8b5c-0a91-4935-8d01-b3c70aee6034

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

In order for 3pds to get in the boat, they first need that LR creates the necessary hooks into the sim...

I believe LR is working on a better interface ( datarefs maybe... ) for weather injection ...

Main Simulation Rig:

In order for 3pds to get in the boat, they first need LR top create the necessary hooks into the sim...

I believe LR is working on a better interface ( datarefs maybe... ) for weather injection ...

There are exciting times ahead for XP v.x  Every time I fire it up...I am reminded yet again in the most positive way, ....just why I purchased it....

Xplane 10 weather really sucks and Skymaxx hardly fixed anything.

You seem to be perpetually confused about what Skymaxx does, despite several people explaining it to you. I'll give it one more go.

Skymaxx no make weather. Skymaxx show pretty, pretty clouds. XP tell Skymaxx where put pretty, pretty clouds. XP no good at tell Skymaxx where put pretty, pretty clouds. XP need good weather data-push-push plugin. Skymaxx not weather data-push-push plugin. Skymaxx show pretty, pretty clouds.

I hope that helps:)

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I personally wouldn't fly X-Plane without SkyMAXX Pro anymore. It really has made the experience that much more immersive for me.

What are the issues people are noticing with the NOAA plugin at 10.25? I still use it and apart from the few second pauses I have to put up with, seems to work. The transitions between FL and METAR are fairly rough though.