Sign in to follow this  
red259

FSL Airrbus vs Airbus Extended X

I have been watching the FSL website for info about their upcoming airbus and it looks like something I would like. However, there is no real eta on that plane and its difficult to tell if it will be out next month or in 2015! Given this I am really tempted to the the AXE. I know some of the reviews upon release talked about bugs. Has the plane been patched? I understand it won't be at the level of pmdg, but will it be a huge let down after pmdg quality? From the youtubes I have seen of it, it looks like an interesting plane. Should I pull the trigger on it while its on sale? 

You should not compare it to PMDG/FSL standards, otherwise you WILL be disappointed: Normal procedures only, Captain's role only, pilot flying only, no failures, no complete flight saving and reloading etc..

Having said that: Vertical modes were completed in v1.10, FMGS functions enhanced in v1.15 (current is v1.16).

You get a talking copilot, reading checklists to you, or even actively pushing knobs and switches, a locked version of both FS2Crew RAAS and MCE and much more.

If you can be content that it's not up to the very highest standards of aircraft addons, it's definitely value for money, has great graphics and is very immersive.

You' ll need a hardware throttle axis and a hardware rudder axis (something like a joystick with rudder twist and a throttle lever, for example).

Buy airbus extended at flightsimstore.com its only 23EUR. No clue about FSL maybe soon or maybe a long wait.

At this price definitely worth it.

Kimo

I think it is outstanding for what it is.

As a package I can't think of any other aircraft outside of the PMDG fleet that are as well put together as the AXE.

Sure if you start digging you'll find it isn't as deep as what PMDG offers, or what the FSL is sure to be, but in all honesty, it is still very enjoyable to use. 

Worth every penny.

Regards,

Brian Doney