Sign in to follow this  
red259

FSL Airrbus vs Airbus Extended X

I have been watching the FSL website for info about their upcoming airbus and it looks like something I would like. However, there is no real eta on that plane and its difficult to tell if it will be out next month or in 2015! Given this I am really tempted to the the AXE. I know some of the reviews upon release talked about bugs. Has the plane been patched? I understand it won't be at the level of pmdg, but will it be a huge let down after pmdg quality? From the youtubes I have seen of it, it looks like an interesting plane. Should I pull the trigger on it while its on sale? 

Personally I would say go for it :) I was pleasantly suprised.,It's not an Indepth simulation by a long shot but will give you a good chance to get familiar with the basics until something more complex comes along.

If anyone is holding out for FSLABS and has a limited knowledge of Airbus philosophy the AXE is perfect.

Look at it as simulator training for the (simulated) real deal ;)

Rob Prest

There's holding out and giving up......how long has it been now....dear me. We will see PMDG 747v2 before the FSLabs at this rate.

It's been years now, years

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

There's holding out and giving up......how long has it been now....dear me. We will see PMDG 747v2 before the FSLabs at this rate.

It's been years now, years

And?? A company takes it's time to get it right and people b**** a company rushes a buggy release and people b**** let them get it right, doesn't matter how long it takes...

Rob Prest

I may not even bother with FSL, when I consider that I might have the A319-A330 range from Aerosoft in the same time frame,

With they way they keep improving the AXE as it is now, with a significant patch seemingly every few months or so..well..I honestly can't think of a better value on the market.

Regards,

Brian Doney

In my view 'X vs Y' makes sense when both products are out and can actually be compared.

And yes, AXE is a great product and I am enjoying it not less than MJC Q400 or PMDG NGX.

There is nothing that could stop me from enjoying it, especially with FS2Crew. Will do it again in a moment. :wink:

I agree, you can always choose quantity over quality.

I prefer to think of it as having product(s) in hand vs screenshots and maybes, but to each their own.

...and to imply the AXE is not a quality product...hmm, ok...I guess you only fly the T7 and NGX then...

EDIT: We really are to the point where we have fanaticism for unreleased products from heretofore unestablished companies ? (Yes I know who Lefteris is)

What an interesting community this has become.

Regards,

Brian Doney

At the moment FSL is simply a figment of ones imagination, until the day they grace us with some up to date info and screenshots. Talk is cheap, and at the moment that is all FSL is, talk.

David Porrett

unreleased products from heretofore unestablished companies

Well, given the Concorde X, I wouldn't exactly call them an unestablished company... though their A320 is definitely an unreleased product...  B)

Well, given the Concorde X, I wouldn't exactly call them an unestablished company... though their A320 is definitely an unreleased product...  B)

Touché.

The Concorde is so far off of my radar I completely forgot about it.  :blush:

The larger point being that the add-on snobbery displayed by some is just out of hand, and there is at least one in every AXE thread.

For those that can't lower their standards to AXE levels, go measure the hyd fluid in your NGX while the rest of us enjoy a product we don't have to wait for.  :lol:

I wish FSL the best of luck and have no ill will for them in any way, but how long have we been waiting for an Airbus ? I've been through this too many times to care anymore  :lol:

Regards,

Brian Doney

The Concorde is so far off of my radar I completely forgot about it. 

I've never flow it - too specialized for me to justify the (steep) learning curve.  But since Jane Whittaker over at PC Pilot and other knowledgeable flightsim friends show it respect, I try to keep it in mind.  I don't always succeed, but I try...

Now, if they bring the same fidelity to the A320, as I think they mean to, then I'll be on board with that.

And to the OP - the AXE isn't quite the NGX, especially if you enjoy failures and non-normal operations, but for normal line flying, it's extremely enjoyable... and as others have said, it'll at least give you an intro to Airbus philosophy before the FSL Airbus comes along.  

The larger point being that the add-on snobbery displayed by some is just out of hand, and there is at least one in every AXE thread.

Agree!

I guess you only fly the T7 and NGX then...

You are quite close actually. I fly PMDG NGX, 777 and FSL Concorde X exclusively.

Call that a snobbery if you like. :smile:

And no, I do not wait for anything to be released, I fly what I have now.

You are quite close actually. I fly PMDG NGX, 777 and FSL Concorde X exclusively.

Call that a snobbery if you like. :smile:

And no, I do not wait for anything to be released, I fly what I have now.

Ahh, one of those...

So you had no interest in the product we're discussing when you clicked the thread to begin with.

Gotcha.  :wink:

Regards,

Brian Doney

Ahh, one of those...

So you had no interest in the product we're discussing when you clicked the thread to begin with.

Gotcha.  :wink:

Title of the thread is "FSL Airrbus vs Airbus Extended X". I certainly have interest in at least one product from title.