Sign in to follow this  
earnorbust

Loading J41 causes CTD

Hey guys

I just purchased and installed the J4100. Upon loading I was asked to register, which I did. I got a success message and then FSX crashed.

Now every time I try to load a J41 plane my FSX CTDs.

What's happening?

Robert

Robert,

Using Win7?

I would look in the Windows event  Viewer and see which "module" caused the problem.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I have the same problem.  I was using the J41 just fine with no issues and took about a month off from FSX.  After a month, when I try to load the J41, I get a CTD.  I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and I still get the same error.  It doesn't matter if I load it from the opening screen or if I load it after loading a default aircraft.  I have Windows 7 with all updates.

Matt

The event viewer says the following:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, time stamp: 0x51fb1116
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
Faulting process id: 0x1f98
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf22cff2689985
Faulting application path: D:\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

Maybe I am not as computer savvy as I thought I was...can you explain this answer a little bit better?

From the link: http://answers.micro...dc-51ed8d70f749

"I guess you have answered it yourself. User Profile corruption.

Log in as a different User. rename the problem profile. Log in as the original user again. A new profile will get created. If the crash is gone, copy your over your user data from the corrupted one.

If it does not solve the issue. Repeat steps with default folder too. This is the template profile, when creating new profiles."

What is the "profile" they are talking about.  I am the only user on my computer.  Should I create a new user, log in as that?  Then, what is the problem profile and what do I rename?  If it all works, what user data do I need to copy over?

From the link: http://answers.micro...dc-51ed8d70f749  :

What I initially seen from the person posting was:

"I have several programs that seems to be in some conflict with kernelbase.dll. They crash the moment I start them and kernelbase.dll is the fault module."

Which is a Windows problem ... it seems. And the symptom of failure is what you have also.

So, it will require some further research on your part. You know your system best and how it has operated.

Other that the error message you gave no further information.

Did you find that other pilots in AVSIM or people posting on the internet with this dll problem?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW