Sign in to follow this  
Chris Catalano

Mega Scenery X Ultra High Res City general Question

Hi Everyone:

Does anyone know if there are night textures included in the Mega Scenery Ultra Hi Res city titles?  Their screen shots are exclusively of daytime shots.  And if there are night textures, are they also considered to be ultra high resolution for night as well?  I have contacted the people aver at Mega Scenery and am still yet to hear back a reply.  Does anyone know?

Thank you.

Chris Catalano

If they haven't advertised night textures, then they probably don't have 'em.

So what happens when you fly at night?  You just get black square tiles with nothing at all showing out your windows?

If it is anything like the state scenery, yes, for the most part.   Some tiles have been lit in the state wide scenery coverage but it's not very convincing.   MegaScenery does a great job for day flights in summer and spring settings but if you are looking for the golden browns of autumn or snow in the winter you will not get it.    It would require 4x the size to get the seasons and another 4x on that to light up the night during those seasons thus bloating just one state to the size of about 240gigs.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

If there are no night textures you would see default textures, just the same as if there was no photo work installed.

No night textures at this stage. We had arranged a developer to handle the night lighting for the MSE rollout, put they pulled the plug unexpectedly, so we are working on plan B in that regard :) We are still planning to provide night textures for MSE covered regions/countries, but this is now delayed.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Photoreal Scenery Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

OK - last question - I already have the MSE City of Boston title (the original non-hi res version) installed, which includes night textures .  If I purchase the hi res version and place it in a higher priority than the lower res version in my addon scenery folder, and then I fly at night, will I at least still see the nice old Mega Scenery Boston night textures I used to see, even they are Mega Scenery lower res night textures?

Thanks again,

Chris Catalano

OK - last question - I already have the MSE City of Boston title (the original non-hi res version) installed, which includes night textures . If I purchase the hi res version and place it in a higher priority than the lower res version in my addon scenery folder, and then I fly at night, will I at least still see the nice old Mega Scenery Boston night textures I used to see, even they are Mega Scenery lower res night textures?

Thanks again,

Chris Catalano

OK - last question - I already have the MSE City of Boston title (the original non-hi res version) installed, which includes night textures . If I purchase the hi res version and place it in a higher priority than the lower res version in my addon scenery folder, and then I fly at night, will I at least still see the nice old Mega Scenery Boston night textures I used to see, even they are Mega Scenery lower res night textures?

Thanks again,

Chris Catalano

Good question! This is something I havent personally had a chance to try as yet. Regardless, if the night textures from the original older Boston scenery do not show up with the newer Ultra-Res scenery loaded on top at night time, the simple fix would be just to disable the Ultra Res scenery in the scenery library when you fly at night. You can do this "on the fly" so to speak in FSX. Just pause the sim, go to scenery library, untick the Ultra Res city option and the older original Boston night lighting should then appear as normal.

I wont get a chance to try this until closer to new year (flat chat at the moment) but there is an equal chance it could work with both sceneries active I am guessing (I am not the developer).

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Can,t really see the point in night scenery for photo real, especially the hi res cities...The idea is to enjoy the scenery and view..

Just my two cents worth

Dave