Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Crash detected at the gate.

Nearly half the gates that I tried at Wellington International, caused a crash detection (not a CTD, a crash of the aircraft) directly on loading. It went from loading airport, to the crash screen. What's up with this? I've also experienced running into invisible walls at various airports in other ORBX sceneries, what does this mean? Has anyone experienced this? Would an uninstall and reinstall of orbx scenery fix this? I enjoy orbx scenery but I'd like to actually get out of the airport as well.

Simple solution would be to turn off  the crash detection in fsx.  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

So my only choice is, uninstall the scenery, or turn off crash detection?  How about design scenery that doesn't cause crash detection? Or am I the only person in the FSX community that flies with it on?

Think that most of us  havnt got crash detection on, since it more unrealistic than its worth havnt  it  set  to on, getting back to your question have you installed the latest libs after your installed  your latest scenery/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Even if you uninstall all scenery based add-ons and go back to completely basic unadorned FSX you will still get crashes into the scenery and buildings.  Live with it or turn off the ridiculous crash detection, those are your choices.

Turn off your crash detection and don't worry, you're not going to miss it :smile: I would say that crashes matter only in DCS, where you can actually damage your plane and missing or damaged part will affect your flight dynamics, but in FSX, what's the point? When you crash you know you crashed and you'll act accordingly next time. You don't need your sim to freeze and tell you "Crash!", especially when it's so buggy. It's just an annoying feature that will improve your sim immersion by exactly 0.000% :wink:

I dunno, it just never seemed fun to me, without a risk of hitting the ground and getting the dreaded crash screen. If there's no possibility of a sense of failure, where is the challenge? I don't fly in a flight sim because I just want to look at the scenery. I want to actually learn something once in awhile.Otherwise, why buy aircraft by comapnies like PMDG, might as well just go for Abacus. I did come up with turning it off until I am in the air, then turning it on when landing.

It would be nice if this feature of FSX worked properly but it does not.  I don't know how many times my 737 wings have fallen off over California.  I had the FMC properly configured and everything on autopilot too.  I would even make sure there was absolutely no winds or weather and the wings would fall off (not really but that's what the crash report would say).  There might be a commercial product that does a better job.  I don't know and have never looked.  It takes a lot of enjoyment out of flying from point A to point B and crashing halfway through the flight no matter how cautious you are to prevent a crash.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Okay, imagine this scenario. You have crash detection turned on, you spent an hour on pre-flight preparations, you push back, you taxi towards the runway at 2 knots. Suddenly, you hit a "hole" in the scenery (one of them invisible ones). The simulator tells you you crashed. That wouldn't take the enjoyment out of the simulator for you? And what did you learn out of the simulator crashing there. Absolutely nothing....because the plane was barely moving.

I remember a few years ago, somebody was using FS Passengers and had crash detection turned on. That person was taxiing along at 2 knots when he hit one of these invisible holes in the scenery. Not only did the simulator crash, but FS Passengers told him that as a result of this "crash", 12 people died when the plane crashed at 2 knots with a vertical speed of -2 feet per minute. To really point out how ridiculous that is, imagine if you walk up to somebody, you nudge them, and that person suddenly dies just because you nudged them. That's how ridiculous it is.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.