ATC Add on Poll

ATC Addon Poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which ATC add on do you prefer?

• VoxATC
    • PFE (Profilight 2000 Emulator)
    • Radar Contact 4.3
    • PRO-ATC/X

Please, no bickering. ONLINE ATC such as VATSIM and IVAO is NOT an option. FSX only.

I read a lot about ATC and their pros and cons and I would say : stay with default as this is the only ATC 100% compatible with FSX core plus from what I've heard on YouTube default has best voices :) now I know lot of people will say I am crazy, stupid, default ATC has no sid/star and that it gives You crazy headings (never had issue like that) but TBH I just feel that default ATC is always aware where is my plane and other planes plus You can always change frequency when You want to land a STAR but ATC still see You. So I was in Your position last week and after thorough reading decided to stay with default and spend money for more important and higher polished add ons. But this is only my opinion and I'm not a pro in fsx.

Guest Mik75

RC4, coupled with MCE to have voice control, does the job for me!

Default (plus MCE) for low and slow VFR flight. Modified with EVP to taste.

Online ATC. All the other options are pathetic and useless

I find your comment rather... useless. You FAILED to read the second sentence of the post... clearly. 

Online ATC. All the other options are pathetic and useless

And flying online is utterly useless when there are no controllers in the area and all the other pilots around you ignore the usage of UNICOMM when you are landing and run you over because they have the professionalism of a turnip.  True story bro.  

VoxATC all the way for me for my offline flying.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I have been using the demo of VOXATC and after comparing it with four other off-line programs (FSX default included), I am going to purchase VOXATC. Very impressed.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I too like VOXatc, but the way it handles AI traffic (or lack thereof) is a deal breaker for me. 

but the way it handles AI traffic (or lack thereof) is a deal breaker for me.

Can you enlarge on that?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Other:

Pilot Edge.... best ATC addon existing today.

http://www.pilotedge.net/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can you enlarge on that?

VOXatc requires you set your FSX traffic slider to zero. Thats because it injects it's own AI into the sim. The AI it injects is highly unrealistic IMO and works well only with the default FSX planes and their fictional liveries. 

Other:

Again, I'm not sure what part of "Online ATC is not an option" you and the other guy don't understand. 

Other:

I don't want to sound too picky, but I heard their samples of ATC audio, and I really don't like that "teamspeak" style, where you can hear the pilots without noise, cockpit ambient sound, etc. Also you can hear the echo in their room. Ok, I'm picky. :lol:  I'm just used to PFE's enhanced sounpack. Also, as I mentioned before, VATSIM, PilotEdge and stuff needs a complete knowledge of ATC and phraseology. And it is mandatory to be alone in the room, not with a wife and baby sleeping few feet behind. ^_^

Oh wait, that is also a problem with VOXATC. :ph34r:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.