ATC Add on Poll

ATC Addon Poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which ATC add on do you prefer?

• VoxATC
    • PFE (Profilight 2000 Emulator)
    • Radar Contact 4.3
    • PRO-ATC/X

VOXatc requires you set your FSX traffic slider to zero. Thats because it injects it's own AI into the sim. The AI it injects is highly unrealistic IMO and works well only with the default FSX planes and their fictional liveries.

You may be referring to the problem I first had when trying the demo. This I fixed with the help of the dev. Now I find that it work's fine. The only difference is the AI models it uses. If you only have default A I , that's what VOXATC uses, if you use My Traffic, that's the AI VOXATC uses.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Rick,

Can you share how you fixed it, I had the same issue as you, and if I can fix that, I may purchase it.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Rick,

Can you share how you fixed it, I had the same issue as you, and if I can fix that, I may purchase it.

Hi Julian, Is the problem you are having that you can' t get VOXATC to show MyTraffic X AI at the gates etc?

Assuming you are using MTX.

Rick Hobbs

Yes, that's it. Using MTX 5.4b

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Julian, this is what my problem was. Check in your main FSX directory and check that the following file folders exist:

F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\simobjects\\Rotorcraft

F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\simobjects\GroundVehicles

F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\simobjects\Boats

F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\simobjects\Animals

F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\simobjects\Misc

Where "F" is the drive that FSX is installed in on my rig.

Chad, sorry did not intend to hijack your topic, will start new topic if needed.

Rick Hobbs

Great, thanks Rick, will check it out.

VOXatc requires you set your FSX traffic slider to zero. Thats because it injects it's own AI into the sim. The AI it injects is highly unrealistic IMO and works well only with the default FSX planes and their fictional liveries. 

Again, I'm not sure what part of "Online ATC is not an option" you and the other guy don't understand. 

This statement is false.    VoxATC will use whatever traffic you load into it.   I use World of AI and Ultimate Traffic 2 aircraft for VoxATC and as long as the airport designers have done their job and set the right airlines at the gates, those aircraft will spawn in as they should.   My home airport of KDAL-Dallas Love looks amazing when I turn on VoxATC with all the Southwest Airlines 737's running around like they should.

VoxATC's one true weakness is Enroute traffic.   It is very sparse but this is not a deal breaker to me.  Yeah it's nice to see another plane whiz by on your route but it's more important to have traffic around the airports itself during takeoffs and landings which VoxATC does do well.

IF you do not like the TeamSpeak voices then purchase a more realistic 16-bit voice set from the numerous companies that offer additional voice sets.    I use several and they are very believable sounding, especially over the horrible Microsoft Anna your Windows comes with.  You have use multiple voice sets and assign them to different groups; either ATC voice, Other Traffic Voices or your First Officer.   If you want to see VoxATC in full action I made a video in which I use it extensively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB4J9s0z_lU

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Just trying to get the word out. Wouldn't want anyone to miss out on the most realistic ATC service around.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |