Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

FS Captain RC 1.5 Released

FS Captain users may like to know that Dutch & Travis have announced on the FSC forum that the Release Candidate version 1.5 is available now.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks, Julian!

Just on a flight to Bangkok now  Olli, all good. Great addon  without doubt. :Party:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

hmmm I have air hauler for cargo and lighter aircraft. I may get this for T777

The v1.5 beta was great already, especially when combined with Active Sky Next.

Oh, wait, you're an Opus user, my bad!!!   :lol:

How does it use ANS?

edit. GULP $41

It would want to be awfully good.

ZORAN

I was implicitly referring to the enhanced turbulence and icing effects in ASN that are mirrored in FSC by comments like "We better switch the seatbelt signs on, it's getting a little rough up here" or the 'ice weight' indications in FSC or the ability of FSC to fail your engine unless you switch on ice protection.

Seriously and frankly speaking, you probably get the same results from FSC when combining it with a different weather engine.

The v1.5 beta was great already, especially when combined with Active Sky Next.

Oh, wait, you're an Opus user, my bad!!!   :lol:

Guess what I am getting for Xmas ?

It would want to be awfully good.

It is awfully good. Been using it now for 2 years, and cannot speak more highly of it

The acars device now works on a networked client, which has made it more user friendly. You can also run it as a guage.

The support is top shelf. The interface for the PMDG T7 is not done yet, as Dutch is waiting for the SDK, but I do have a configuration file I use in the meantime which works fine, and I can send to you, should you wish to try it. It does have a demo.

Guess what I am getting for Xmas ?

It is awfully good. Been using it now for 2 years, and cannot speak more highly of it

The acars device now works on a networked client, which has made it more user friendly. You can also run it as a guage.

The support is top shelf. The interface for the PMDG T7 is not done yet, as Dutch is waiting for the SDK, but I do have a configuration file I use in the meantime which works fine, and I can send to you, should you wish to try it. It does have a demo.

Sure thanks, I will pm you my email. Strangely enough I cant open the demo with my zip files. May have to download it again

ZORAN

No worries. Will send you file shortly.

With the ASN weather as a reference, I departed VRMM in the PMDG MD-11 during a thunderstorm:

- ASN told me about the weather

- FS Captain told me about ice weight (increasing or decreasing)

- and the MD-11 told me about the status of its ice detectors

After takeoff, due to the ice weight increasing in FS Captain I manually switched on anti-ice - immediately the MD-11 told me 'no ice detected'.

When I was outside the CB ice weight decreased and I switched off anti-ice - but then the message 'ice detected' popped up on the MD-11's DU.

According to ASN the plane was wrong ... but FS Captain nailed it!

FSX has never been better than ... just now ...   B)

(Thank you all ... "coders"!!! :P)

As of this morning the Release Candidate is no more...because the real thing is announced!  Check out the website http://fscaptain.net for more info and to download and try it.

We've had several big weather enhancements announced lately, and this is another one...now weather consequences in FSX/P3D/FS9 are even more realistic with the FSCaptain weather hazard package dramatically expanded to cover a full realistic simulation of icing on the ground and in the air.  This is not your granddad's wimpy icing sim but the real thing with real consequences deeply simulated, beyond freezing rain or snow into active frost and cold soaked wings.  With the new ability (and oftentimes necessity!) to de-ice and anti-ice your surfaces with authentic procedures and fluids.

And as a special gift to the flight sim community that has supported us for four years now -- the weather hazard package is available to everyone in the trial version without restrictions until 21-MAR-2014, and you don't have to install a gauge in any airplane or make an FSCaptain revenue flight to experience it. 

Simply run the new external FCDU* on your desktop alongside FSX/P3D in Offline-Company mode (takes two clicks, one to turn it on and another to select that mode.)   If you turn them on, all the weather consequences will apply to any flight you make, and you can request and control the de-icing procedures using the REQUEST function of Offline mode.  See the README_Weather_Hazards in the downloaded ZIp for more details on this new feature.

Enjoy!

Dutch

* Because the new FCDU uses SimConnect it is only available in FSX and P3D V2,

FS9 users will need to install the gauge version of FCDU.

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

looks like the de icing section at FSDT LSZH may finally get a work out

ZORAN

And, Captains, if you've been holding out but like what you see in the new release, check your favorite simulation product re-seller because rumor has it that there's a holiday sale on, or about to start, for FSCaptain 1.5.

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

17.9 euro sounds very tempting and this extra immersion could be what the T777 really needs.

Regarding flight planning, are we able to plan our own schedules without dispatch? Im to heavily vested in payware airports to start flying default again

ZORAN

I was implicitly referring to the enhanced turbulence and icing effects in ASN that are mirrored in FSC by comments like "We better switch the seatbelt signs on, it's getting a little rough up here" or the 'ice weight' indications in FSC or the ability of FSC to fail your engine unless you switch on ice protection.

Seriously and frankly speaking, you probably get the same results from FSC when combining it with a different weather engine.

So that is why my CS 757 engine shut off in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. :O

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)