Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

FS Captain RC 1.5 Released

So that is why my CS 757 engine shut off in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. :O

Probably you were too high and too cold for icing effects. Maybe you activated engine failures outside the weather options?

17.9 euro sounds very tempting and this extra immersion could be what the T777 really needs.

Regarding flight planning, are we able to plan our own schedules without dispatch? Im to heavily vested in payware airports to start flying default again

You can

- define your payware airports as hubs (one by one)

- fly any city pair you want (called ferry flight)

- use the offline mode (FS Captain is not aware of your flightplan, but still offers a lot of features outside the ETA/on-time stuff)

According to ASN the plane was wrong ... but FS Captain nailed it!

FSX has never been better than ... just now ...  

Thank you very much for your kind words!  Dutch has really put a lot of blood sweat and tears into the last few builds, and we really want to give our users the ultimate in commercial aviation simulation.

And we aren't done yet!  There are at least three "program enhancements" and a few more "aviation enhancements" on the boiler for the next few updates.  ^_^

17.9 euro sounds very tempting and this extra immersion could be what the T777 really needs.

Regarding flight planning, are we able to plan our own schedules without dispatch? Im to heavily vested in payware airports to start flying default again

You can

- use the offline mode (FS Captain is not aware of your flightplan, but still offers a lot of features outside the ETA/on-time stuff)

And if you don't want to build schedules, you can define a set of airports as your "preferred nodes" and you can request that the Dispatch Office give them 0%-100% preference when offering "charter flights."  (Charter flights are nothing more than un-scheduled flights.)

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)

Probably you were too high and too cold for icing effects. Maybe you activated engine failures outside the weather options?

You can

- use the offline mode (FS Captain is not aware of your flightplan, but still offers a lot of features outside the ETA/on-time st

Well i was at FL320 crossing a storm heading to panama . Lots of turbulent made the aircraft jump up an down . I was in the kitchen getting some thing  to eat since this flight was going to be for 3 hours . When i came back i saw engine failure number 2 an i couldn't restart it . I didn't know i had  ice building on the wings an engine. Then engine number 1 flame out. No where to land for sure try everything to restart the engine but no luck. I had to activate the RAT to get a little more time to try to restart my engines. So had to ditch in the sea. 

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

FSCaptain is designed to never fail all the engines on a multi-engine aircraft, so (unless there is a bug) your flameouts, at least the one that took your last engine, wasn't from FSCaptain.

We try to never put anyone in a position where there's not plenty of warning, and at least some opportunity to recover.  We're nicer than reality, sometimes :)

Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

You can

Thanks for this, Im going for it!

ZORAN

Thanks for this, Im going for it!

Go for it Zoran. You won't regret it for sure.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Sounds great Dutch. Thanks for the update.

Now about the weather. It shouldn't matter what engine you use right because isn't there an option to just set it to fsx weather? In which case it would be the same as the engine being used?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Sounds great Dutch. Thanks for the update.

Now about the weather. It shouldn't matter what engine you use right because isn't there an option to just set it to fsx weather? In which case it would be the same as the engine being used?

I pointed FS Captain to the rather new ASN data source (ASN "current wx snapshot") and it worked. Before it had worked for me with ASE. And there's always the option to read wx from FSX (the wx that got injected by any wx engine you may be using).

I pointed FS Captain to the rather new ASN data source (ASN "current wx snapshot") and it worked. Before it had worked for me with ASE. And there's always the option to read wx from FSX (the wx that got injected by any wx engine you may be using).

Yeah that is exactly what I do

Point it to the fsx source I mean

Yeah that is exactly what I do

Point it to the fsx source I mean

You can only point it to external wx engines, Lee.

(But in-game you can toggle between FSX and addon wx: AS 6.5 thru ASN, REX EP, Real EE, Opus, FS real wx and FSGRW are supported.  :P)

(But in-game you can toggle between FSX and addon wx: AS 6.5 thru ASN, REX EP, Real EE, Opus, FS real wx and FSGRW are supported. :P)

Sorry I wasn't paying attention. Yes I mean I use opus with it by doing as you describe above

(But in-game you can toggle between FSX and addon wx: AS 6.5 thru ASN, REX EP, Real EE, Opus, FS real wx and FSGRW are supported.  :P)

Olli, a couple of days ago. I asked Travis about using Opus weather, and below is his reply ( I hope he won't mind, and his spelling is good :)

I am not able to get enroute ( upper level) using Opus and FSC together. So, turbulence warnings are always @ "None". And do not get the icing on the cake either.

My significant other is buying me ASN for xmas, so will use that for FSC, and Opus for non FSC flights.

Anyway, here is the reply from Travis:

Currently FSCaptain only reads the standard OpusWeather file - the one with the limited scope. Our choices for any of the weather engines are:

• A specific file. (Like ActiveSky)
  • The newest file in a folder. (Like original Rex.)

But because Opus puts all of its weather files into a single folder, and combined with the fact that historical weather is optional (and may not be used by a particular user) we decided to support the specific and absolutely there all the time OpusWeather file.

Now if you're not getting weather from that file... then there's a problem.  Let me know - and send over some ADMIN and/or FCDU log files from those attempts.

But I was testing a week or so ago with Opus 3.38 Beta and I could get weather in the Admin and in the ACARS.

And (I may be mis-remembering) since Opus only includes upper level data against a filed flight plan... and their upper level wind data is more "visual-friendly" rather than "machine-read friendly"... and since FSCaptain doesn't require a flight plan... we chose to support the widest possible audience.

If the Opus developers could be convinced to put upper level data into OpusWeather, I am certain that we would support it.  Likewise if they could move the Historical data into a separate folder, I could tell you how to read that today.  And for the cherry on top, if they could put upper level data into the historical files and place them in a separate folder... well that would handle everything

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

So, turbulence warnings are always @ "None". And do not get the icing on the cake either.

Julian,

Are you saying that with Opus, you're not getting "turbulence" and "icing" warnings in the ACARS?

Are you referring to WX reports in the ACARS like this?

IT0RFss.png

Or the new "environmental" warnings???

looks like the de icing section at FSDT LSZH may finally get a work out

Oh, I've hoped for that since March of 2011....  :mellow:

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)

I haven't done much with failures at all. How does fscaptain work with 737ngx in terms of failures? Do I need to set the 737 failures to on and then run fscaptain? Will fs2crew emergency react to the different emergencies triggered by fscaptain? I am running asn as my weather engine. 

Or the new "environmental" warnings???

Hi Travis,

I mean Environment warnings. I only get TAF @ departure airport, no en route weather ( upper levels ) and destination weather about 30 miles out

If I select WX ahead, I get not available.