Sign in to follow this  
j0nz

NVidia Surround Resolutions and 3D Support

Hi all my first post here and sorry haven't read every post in this thread but was wondering if nvidia surround resolutions and 3D are supported in this sim like they are in FSX? I fly in 3DVS now and can not give that up. I also would be flying the dodosim 206 and other choppers so I need to know if this sim has built in choppers and whether or not they are realistic to fly unlike the default FSX choppers? Any issue with 3rd party USB controllers etc that I should know about. Thank you so much in advance!

Hi all my first post here and sorry haven't read every post

Welcome to AVSIM.  I split your post off of the long thread as I think this is a good question and deserves a separate title.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Surround - It's the same but different.. How you set it up etc is exactly the same as FSX

How the game actually handles it is different though.. Where  in FSX the FPS lost between a single monitor and spanning across three was negligible at best because all the work was on the CPU.. Now that a lot of the work was moved to the GPU in Prepar3D spanning across three monitors is a definite significant performance hit.  I have my FPS set to unlimited in P3D and capped at 30 externally.. If I load my KPHL save it opens up to a solid 30FPS on a single monitor.. If I open that same save in surround it is 15 FPS..  I also jump from about 1.5GB of VRAM used to 1.7GB of VRAM used..  And my GPU load is at 99%... So.. Yeah..  If surround was flyable for you on FSX.. You might be in for a rude awaking with V2.. 

3D - No idea 

Helicopters - No default copters, and haven't tried to use FSX one in the game...  So I can't answer that either..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Great info thanks styckx! I figured that would be the case from what I have gleened out there myself. I have 760SLI so I am ok on the gaphics front I think. If I can run Battlefield 4 with all settings maxed at 50fps then hopefully I can do the same with Prepar3d. ;) Interesting to see what kind of issues I get with 3D though.

Does the sim come with any aircraft at all? I don't know what to expect as far as default aircraft and terrain.

Great info thanks styckx! I figured that would be the case from what I have gleened out there myself. I have 760SLI so I am ok on the gaphics front I think. If I can run Battlefield 4 with all settings maxed at 50fps then hopefully I can do the same with Prepar3d. ;) Interesting to see what kind of issues I get with 3D though.

Does the sim come with any aircraft at all? I don't know what to expect as far as default aircraft and terrain.

Your 760s should be flyable..  v2 doesn't support SLI yet.. Hopefully soon, LM are working on it. My 680 (I have SLI also) is flyable in surround if I dial it back a bit.. Running SGSSAA @ 5760x1080 isn't helping much either.  :lol:

Default aircraft list is here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/427141-p3d-default-aircraft-list/#entry2860702

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I run P3D with 2 GTX580 in surround mode (5760*1080). I have the most sliders in the "normal" position, no internal shadows and have stable (internal fixed) 30 FPS. In some areas it dropps to 25-26 but I have to look at the FPS counter to realize it.  P3D runs very smooth also with less FPS.

No idea what this would mean in 3D.

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

2xGTX580 3GB in surround. My FPS is around 20.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Just a quick followup. I just realized P3D does come with a Chopper.. the Robinson R-22.. 

Shows you how much I pay attention to choopers.. :)