Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

ASN hotfix and DX10 fixer - flashing screen during rain/snow

Looks like the ASN hotfix has upset my DX10 setup. May do the same to others with DX10 using ASN after the hotfix?

Installed last night and DX10fixer complained that something had changed in FSX and I needed to reinstall the fixer which I've now done. Not fully tested yet to see if the flashing has gone. Was fine before the ASN hotfix. Will check tonight.

Regards

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

No problems here. Do you use the latest FSUIPC? 4927a?

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

I had the same issue, but it was before the hotfix, but with ASN.  When I was in snow with visibility essentially zero, every 5 to 10 seconds the screen would flash black.  I'm pretty sure it was just the outside, not the VC, but the flash was so quick it was hard to tell.  At some time during my approach, it was flashing even more rapidly, but the flash itself was very quick...started to give me a headache.  FPS was good at around 30.

Don't know if this is the same, but it was close enough to what I had I am curious if others are seeing it as well.

--Don

PS - I use the DX10 fixer as well.  Have updated to build 29.

Don Polidori

I would guess that perhaps they are changing textures on the fly and this results in a temporary glitch where the texture is not found and so you see bkg.bmp. To try and work around this I then guess that have replaced the bkg.bmp with a transparent one.

If so This will have two problems

dx10sf uses the bkg.bmp for its own purposes and will partially stop working and complain and insist in you fixing the problem. If you do you will restore the black

flashes

Many sceneries and aircraft have small missing textures and will show with missing bits.

Now can someone confirm that they are replacing bkg.bmp and tell me if it is transparent or not?

I can make the dx10sf one transparent but that will still leave issues with sceneries and aircraft with missing textures. On a positive note I ship a small black texture to use for missing textures in dx10toolbox so you could replace all the missing textures with that.

I just installed the hot fix...I have the fixer and fly DX10 I have the latest FSUIPC installed as wel...

No problems updating though...good luck I will follow this topic and help as much as I can.

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

If my theory is correct ( just based on what I have read in this thread ) then I can fairly easily change the rain shader to ignore missing textures, I have asked a couple of people to test it for me.

same here no issues after the hotfix

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Can you look at bkg,bmp in fsx directory? It should be dated 19/1/2013 18:08. If it isn't then although rain may work other things may be broken.

I have had confirmation that the black flashes are caused by a missing texture ( probably fleetingly missing) this can be dealt with in the shader without changing the bkg.bmp.

Hi Steve,

I uninstalled ASN, but my BK.bmp is dated 20/1/2013 7.08pm  being NZDT, that date is about right. But uninstalling ASN has reverted back to your copy

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi Steve,

I checked and my bkg.bmp is dated Jan 19, 2013 at 13:08...time off due to time zone most likely.

As I described above, this issue only happened (for me) with zero visibility in the clouds while snowing.

PS - I previewed the file in photoviewer and it is solid black.

Thanks,

Don

Don Polidori

Is there a solution yet? Is there a new version of the DX10 fixer on the way to solve the flashing?

Just tested ASN in FSX with DX9 - no problems no flashing. As soon as I switch to DX10 via the fixer I get a flashing black screen every few seconds in heavy rain/snow etc.

Thanks

Adam

FSUK.jpg

{quote]Is there a solution yet? Is there a new version of the DX10 fixer on the way to solve the flashing?

Yes there's a fix - but it's up to Steve to say how and when it's released, Adam, as he usually will want to include other changes and any new "discoveries" in any particular release - ok!

All the best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I believe that I have a workaround for the texture switch black flash which I have put into version 1.3.

version 1.3 is almost ready, but one beta tester has reported an issue, so I cannot release it until I identify whether there is a problem or not.

I imagine that it will now come out after Christmas

I believe that I have a workaround for the texture switch black flash which I have put into version 1.3.

version 1.3 is almost ready, but one beta tester has reported an issue, so I cannot release it until I identify whether there is a problem or not.

I imagine that it will now come out after Christmas

Excellent news. Really loving the extra immersion that ASN gives FSX but the black flashing is really annoying.

Look forward to hearing when it's ready.

Thanks,

Adam

FSUK.jpg

P.S thanks for all your help and advice on this forum guys. Very useful. And thanks to Steve for making FSX smooth again!

Merry Xmas/Happy Holidays!

Adam

FSUK.jpg