Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

ASN hotfix and DX10 fixer - flashing screen during rain/snow

Waiting for it too!

I realize now what everyone was talking about lol....Im getting it as well

Merry christmas and hopefully we can get a fix asap after the holidays :)

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Also looking forward to this fix, it definately feels like a flash of the black texture!

(this is btw an issue Dx10 suffers of more than DX9, isn't it? For example - looking in one direction, then quickly panning to the other, all my AI is black and needs some time to catch up loading textures. Is this normal behaviour? Why is DX10 suffering of this and DX9 isn't?)

needs some time to catch up loading textures. Is this normal behaviour? Why is DX10 suffering of this and DX9 isn't?)

Hi Erik:

It's because the GPU does all of the graphics manipulation with DX10, whereas before, with DX9 - the GPU shared it with the CPU.  You might remember the odd discussion where folks have said that "FSX is a processor-bound application" - well - yes, it was - when using DX9. That's not so much the case any more. What it does mean, though, is that the GPU needs to be a better one - OR - we need to gear our "tweaking" methods to take more notice of settings that impact the GPU - hence my insane fixation with BufferPools!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Erik:

It's because the GPU does all of the graphics manipulation with DX10, whereas before, with DX9 - the GPU shared it with the CPU.  You might remember the odd discussion where folks have said that "FSX is a processor-bound application" - well - yes, it was - when using DX9. That's not so much the case any more. What it does mean, though, is that the GPU needs to be a better one - OR - we need to gear our "tweaking" methods to take more notice of settings that impact the GPU - hence my insane fixation with BufferPools!

All the Best,

pj

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the explanation. Any news on the 1.3 update yet? (Steve?) I run FSX on a sort-of dedicated laptop (Lenovo Y500) With an i7 Ivy (3,2GHz) and two GT650's in SLI. Fed by 2x 512GB SSD and 16GB of DDR3 RAM. Would you consider that enough for UsePools=0? I really don't know how to test properly..

Hope you have seen similar configs before..

Thanks,

Erik

Just read the announcement here http://forum.avsim.net/index.php?/topic/423397-Announcements-v1%2E3--Build-34--Soon--Available-for-Download

No comments about the flashing...I suppose that have been fixed!

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

With an i7 Ivy (3,2GHz) and two GT650's in SLI. Would you consider that enough for UsePools=0? I really don't know how to test properly..

Erik

Here's the 1.3 link.

Here's the blurb on the [bufferPool] section, Erik.

UsePools=0 would very likely what I would try first, as - with a proc at 3.2 gig - the chances are that setting would perform best.

I might try UsePools=1, trying first a RejectThreshold of 212644, then 524288, 786432 and finally 1048576. These are bytes, and can be further understood with this link. 

OK!   :good:

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Just read the announcement here http://forum.avsim.net/index.php?/topic/423397-Announcements-v1.3--Build-34--Soon--Available-for-Download

No comments about the flashing...I suppose that have been fixed!

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk

Yes that fix is included - note that its an announcement that there will be a new version available shortly - With New Year fast approaching I cannot be sure when the new version will be uploaded to the FSS servers but as soon as I know I will update that post.

Please update us here once it's available as there is no way of telling what version number is at FlightSimStore.

Cheers

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

1.3 can now be downloaded from the Flight Sim Store. Note also the version is listed in the product description in blue.

Search the FSS Vendor list for SteveFX, John.  It's a small window on the left side of the FSS window. Clicking on SteveFX will take you directly to the detail and purchase page. If you are re-downloading because you've already purchased it, simply log in, and go to "My account" and look for the original download - ok!

pj

This has solved the black flashes in heavy snow for me.  Flew a few flights in snowy weather here in Michigan both before and after the update to 1.3 and did not get the flashes after the update.  I have not had a chance to try the other changes.

--Don

Don Polidori