Sign in to follow this  
paula

windows 8.1 and saitek

I have a question if someone has the same experiences

I have installed w 8.1 and the saitek radio doesnot work anymore.

As soon as in the x-plane game it light up with zero's and goes out.

cannot fixed it

any idea is welcome

paula,

I have long reverted to Windows 7 after a long battle against Windows 8 and it controller driver bugs....  I'm affraid I can't help you here .... :-(

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have a question if someone has the same experiences

I have installed w 8.1 and the saitek radio doesnot work anymore.

As soon as in the x-plane game it light up with zero's and goes out.

cannot fixed it

any idea is welcome

Paula,

There  is a fix for it, but it is not straight forward and requires some changes to the registry. I have the radio, as well as multi-panel, throttles,switch panel, and the trim wheel. The problem has to do with a change that windows has implemented in order to give portable devices more battery life. As with most changes there un intended consequences. I wouldn't hold my breath for a microsoft fix any time soon. There is a thread I started earlier as well as some others that address the steps to correct it. If you feel up to messin with the registry give it a shot, if you need help to walk you through drop me a line and I'd be glad to help.

Best regards,

Scot

Maybe related or not, but another problem in Windows 8 and 8.1 is the power-saving mode for USB devices. It has a habit of switching of the joystick and other devices when not touched for a minute or so. I had this problem in FSX alot, and "upgraded" to Windows 7, and it fixed all the USB funnies I had. I've never used X-Plane on Windows 8+, so I don't know if it has the same problem

I tried

put all my usb on zero in regedit but nothing happened

so I put them back again on 1

any idea what I can do further

is there another radio manufacturer who has x-plane w8.1 supported

problem solved radio is working again

1-removed 2.26 x-plane plugin and installed it again

2-gave x-plane admin rights

3-put the usb stick in usb 3.0 entrance

4-changed energy to high performance and cahnged usb interruption to OFF

4-reboot and solved

Maybe related or not, but another problem in Windows 8 and 8.1 is the power-saving mode for USB devices. It has a habit of switching of the joystick and other devices when not touched for a minute or so. I had this problem in FSX alot, and "upgraded" to Windows 7, and it fixed all the USB funnies I had. I've never used X-Plane on Windows 8+, so I don't know if it has the same problem

Yes indeed it is one and the same, it is a bit tedious to fix because of the way Windows recognizes the usb devices but it is fixable, as I have mine up and working. It would be nice if Microsoft would correct this as I am sure that it will have un intended effects on folks other then flight sim as well. The focus now though seems to be portable devices which brought about the change in the first place I suspect