Sign in to follow this  
gillesdenice

Unexplicated CTDs

Hi !

Since some days, i have a CTD on all flights with this T7.

Sometimes it happens after 20 mns of flight, sometimes 1 hour, but it always happen.

My spec are i7 3770K  8Go RAM FSX running on SSD 256 Go

I read and applies all tricks mentionned in the documentation of PMDG.

I have replaced the automationcore.dll

I have desactivate all my addon sceneries and fly only with the default landscape.

I have also installed the procexp.exe file to survey the virtual size on the FSX process.

Along the flight and when the process crashes, only 2.2 Gb of virtual space was used.

Flying on windows mode.

So, can't understand what is happening !!

Waiting for the SP1 because this T7 for me does not worste my money, because can't even end a flight.

Thanks.

Gilles Menghetti.

Any time an error occurs with a program, Windows logs it.  You can find these logs by using the Event Viewer (if you have Win7, just open the Start Menu and begin typing "event viewer").  With the Event Viewer open, scroll through the list and find any entries related to Flight Simulator (they're listed by time, so if you do it right after the CTD, it'll be pretty close to the top).  If you click on one of the errors, it will display the information at the bottom.  You can copy and paste that here to give people an idea of what's going on to cause the CTD.

Check your logs and post one of the errors you're seeing and I'm sure someone can help to point you in the right direction.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks,

Here is my error on the event viewer :

Le programme fsx.exe version 10.0.61472.0 a cessé d’interagir avec Windows et a été fermé. Pour déterminer si des informations supplémentaires sont disponibles, consultez l’historique du problème dans le Centre de maintenance.
 ID de processus : 32b4
 Heure de début : 01cefa8650307642
 Heure de fin : 138
 Chemin d’accès de l’application : C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
 ID de rapport : 54065690-667e-11e3-b49e-689423364caa

Journal : Application
Source : Application Hang
Evenement : 1002   Categorie : (101)
Niveau : Erreur     Mot clé : Classique

Nom du produit : Microsoft Windows Operatng System
Version du produit : 6.1.760016385
ID de l'evènement : 1002
Source : Application Hang
Indicateur de paramètres régionaux : 1036

All my crashes have the same sources :  -->   Application Hang
Do you have a solution or explication ?

Thanks.
Gilles Menghetti

Do you have a solution or explication ?

Normally, it will list a faulting module, which I don't see in there (I can only read French so well, however, so I could be wrong).

I can see, however, that your FSX installation is in the Program Files folder.  This can cause all kinds of problems with Flight Sim if you are not running Flight Sim as an administrator.  To do this, you right click your FSX icon and select "Run as Administrator" (Exécuter en tant qu'administrateur...I think).  If you're not already doing this, it might actually fix the issue.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi !

Sometimes it happens after 20 mns of flight, sometimes 1 hour, but it always happen.

My spec are i7 3770K  8Go RAM FSX running on SSD 256 Go

I read and applies all tricks mentionned in the documentation of PMDG.

I have replaced the automationcore.dll

I have desactivate all my addon sceneries and fly only with the default landscape.

I have also installed the procexp.exe file to survey the virtual size on the FSX process.

Along the flight and when the process crashes, only 2.2 Gb of virtual space was used.

Flying on windows mode.

Waiting for the SP1 because this T7 for me does not worste my money, because can't even end a flight.

Thanks.

Gilles Menghetti.

Do you change view often?

Do you go from cockpit view to outside view?

If you are and if you stay cockpit view only, you will have less CTD. It should go for 20 hr flight no CTD. Once you start playing with the views, you will get a CTD......

Is FSX actually shut down or does it "just" freeze, when your problem starts?

If your FSX windows is still there, but frozen ("milky", no response), have you tried just waiting for some 20 minutes, neither pushing knobs nor clicking with the mouse, to find out whether FSX resumes operation?

Ok, i will try this evening with "Run as administrator" procedure and give u a status.

Thanks Kyle.

@ IAF747 : Yes, i aware about that even if i already replace the automotioncore.dll file. So i stay in the virtual cockpit and the CTD is coming anyway.

@ olli4740 : FSX only freeze and after a while the title bar have a "No response" labela added and when i move the mouse the screen become "milky".

I already had what is called a bug in this forum (freeze FSX but it resumes) but generally it resumes after 30 seconds and not 20 mns and for this type of bug, the screen become never milky.

;)

Gilles Menghetti

@ olli4740 : FSX only freeze and after a while the title bar have a "No response" labela added and when i move the mouse the screen become "milky".
                   I already had what is called a bug in this forum (freeze FSX but it resumes) but generally it resumes after 30 seconds and not 20 mns and for this type of bug, the screen become never milky.

This might be the case where not the actual FSX froze, but some other process - and FSX is waiting for this process. I have had luck with clearing this using following steps:

- Open your Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc). Note that FSX process under Applications is probably listed as "Not Responding". Click on tab "Performance".

- Click on button "Resource Monitor", this will open another window.

- In Resource Monitor, find fsx.exe in either "Overview" or "CPU" tabs. 

- Right click on fsx.exe, click "Analyze Wait Chain". If you see a process in there, probably svchost.exe, kill it. Your flight should now resume.

@Fabo : thanks Fabo for infos ; i will try that if i will have another freeze.

This evening, i delete the logbook.bin file and run FSX in administrator mode.

I have flown the T7 for more than 1 hour 1/2 without any freeze.

It's too late so going to bed, but will do a more longer flight this week-end and will tell u about.

Thanks.

Gilles. 

I've got this also, but only at FSDT klax and starting t/o roll.  When I'm on 25R it's just after engaging auto-throttle.  Today I also tried 24L and the same thing.  It only happens with T7 and not with my iFly 737 nor level-d 763.  I can also land and taxi to gate.

John K

Do you change view often?

Do you go from cockpit view to outside view?

If you are and if you stay cockpit view only, you will have less CTD. It should go for 20 hr flight no CTD. Once you start playing with the views, you will get a CTD......

I change views to inside and outside all the time and have no problems.

I dont do super long flights either though (max about 3-4 hours)

I like to think that one of the reasons i have less problems (CDT/Freezes/frame rate/etc) than others is because I have a Win7 dedicated SSD boot with no other software running at the same time with FSX. (Win7 for daily use (Email/internet/movies/music/etc) is on another SSD, so a different boot).

Basically two PCs in one housing.

I highly recommended such a setup as there cant be anything running that is causing FSX to wait for and freeze or crash.

Are you sure that your view problem is not a problem on your specific installation?

Hi !

If the problem returns, make sure you test fly unclocked (if you have overclocked your PC).

Rob Robson

Hi !

If the problem returns, make sure you test fly unclocked (if you have overclocked your PC).

Rob Robson

Ok, as i said earlier, i come back to give u news about my new flight and freezes.

Today, i made a flight from EKCH to BGSF with the 777.

It was a 4 hrs 27 mins flight
With "Run as admin" procedure, i encountered 4 non-fatal freezes :

- 1st freeze : after 1 h 36 mns of flight / the flight resumes after 8 minutes waiting

- 2nd freeze : after 3 h 23 mns of flight / the flight resumes after 9 minutes waiting

- 3rd freeze : after 3 h 45 mns of flight / the flight resumes after 8 minutes waiting

- 4th freeze : after 3 h 48 mns of flight (only 3 minutes later previous one) / the flight resumes after 8 mns waiting

All freezes had the blue circle of death with the "no response" windows label but with no use of mouse, all freezes ended by resuming the flight

While freezing, i could notice that even aircraft maintain its position, fuel is consuming.

So i could finish the flight but these freezes are very annoying !!!

Is PMDG working on this bug for the next revision ?

Thanks.

Gilles Menghetti