Sign in to follow this  
paula

xp planner - Loading a Flightplan in the default GNS 430

I have just loaded the free version for route planning

I started with khqm to kolm

but I see no radio frequences and I know from khqm there is one on runway 24

or is this only for the registrated version.

furthermore I have the question how to get the route into the plane

I saved the route in x-plane out-fms

ofcourse in the c172 from flyte there is no fms but I thought the flightplan could also go to gps

what do I wrong?

The basic GPS used on most default and payware GA aircraft can't load a flightplan.

In order to be able to load a flightplan the aircraft has to be equipped with at least the default "FMC-like" GPS unit, with the "LOAD" and "SAVE"  keys on it's virtual keyboard.

There is some hope that version 10.30 can introduce a more complex default GPS unit for GA aircraft.

BTW, what flightplanning software are you using?

Continue bellow... Good answers!!!! Thx pryoski ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Not quite correct Jcomm .. you can assign a key to load flightplan (can't remember what the XP designation is .. I'll have to see when I get home).

You can then choose a complex plan and load it (from any location you save on the hard-drive).. and it will display in the GPS. Manipulating it and changing options once it's loaded is a different matter though. :)

To have better control, you are quite right .. will require something like X-FMC

There is a workaround, however, that lets you bind a key to the FMS' "Load" feature.

While in X-Plane, select "Settings" > "Joystick & Equipment" > "Keys." Now click the "Add New Key Assignment" button, select the "FMS/" radial button, select the "key_load" radial button, and then press the desired key on your keyboard (mine is "Insert").

Now, when you press the key on your keyboard you'll be able to open a flight plan that the default autopilot and Garmin GNS 430 can execute. Hope this helps!

By memory.

Define a key referring to fms/key_load ie: \

If you have a flight plan saved as *****.fms

save to x-plane10\output\fms plans

Start x-plane go to start airport, type \ and select plan, load it.

1st waypoint will show in gps 430

take off switch cdi to gps mode

activate loc and ap to fly course.

Should work if I remember right...  ^_^

Trevor Golding

Brilliant!

Thank you guys!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

On the subject of flightplans, I've noticed that if you load a plan into the FMC that has been created externally, say with PFPX or Plan-G, there are occasions where the flightplan is less than wholly functional.

For instance, if the generated flightplan contains waypoints not in the Xplane database, it appears in the FMC as a blank space. If you then press next to progress to the next waypoint, you see the distance in miles suddenly jump to thousands of miles.

In flying the 'broken' plan the autopilot won't continue beyond the non existant waypoint, you have to press the 'direct to button' and select the waypoint in the list.

I can understand why this would happen with PFPX, as its database is probably a different cycle than X-Planes.

Plan-G, however, builds its database from X-Planes own internal data, so I'm confused at why the disparagies exist within that planner.

If anyone knows a fix for this, I would love to know.

Thanks

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Vincent,

This is how I load flightplans into GNS 430 default gps:

post-147299-0-71565900-1387450172.jpg

Just set up with whatever key stroke you like. Hey Presto, flightplan will load into the default GPS.

Stu

• Upvote 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

terrific

it works fine

last question I use the XP flightplanner and after filled in the route I cannot see the radio frequences

Does this has to do with registrated and if not where can I find them within this route planner?

Vincent (Post#10).....using your method, how do you select the flight plan you want...?? Thx

I read that behind each x-plane10 aircraft there is an FMS working in the background e.g. Cessna etc.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.