Sign in to follow this  
achoffm1

P3D V2 my thoughts

IT HAS ALREADY BEEN FIXED

Has Lockheed Martin issued an update that I've missed?

Are you actually serious ?

This isn't 15 lines of code on your 1983 kit-built Tandy that scrolls Hello World !

Is LM to build a time machine and in order to fix the issue before you bought it ?

Nathan might have to make a second appearance today.

EDIT: I actually toned this down in the spirit of the holidays. Merry Christmas.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Prepar3D isn't opensource.. 

You can't

flightsimbox@Lockheed Martin Prepar3Dv2:~$ repo sync

And get your updates that fast..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I don't think mgh is naive, I just think he holds the product up to a higher standard than you do, and expects more polish out of a version 2.0 than you do Brian...He has different criteria...And that's making you mad.  Brian Doney---->  :t0115:

What you think matters little.

You've already demonstrated you have nothing of substance to add to any of the discussions we're having.

Oh and that some people don't like some stuff.  :lol:

Regards,

Brian Doney

What you think matters little.

You've already demonstrated you have nothing of substance to add to any of the discussions we're having.

Oh and that some people don't like some stuff.  :lol:

Are you deliberately being offensive to try to get this thread locked too?

If it stops even one more full throttle post, justice will have been served, but no, not really.

EDIT: Hey, the ignore function works ! So much nicer now.

Regards,

Brian Doney

This is what the OP was trying to convey, and on those terms I would tend to agree with him.

edit:  quoting does not seem to be working for me

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

It has been fixed for v2.1. Until that's released it's not fixed on my PC.

I did fix it, but I shouldn't have had to.

Very easy to see with these two posts a contradiction. But hey, there you go. Glad you got it sorted out. Now let's go find some real issues !

But the difference is I had to fix it because Lockheed Martin hasn't

But the difference is I had to fix it because Lockheed Martin hasn't

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH !!!  :t0103:

:LMAO:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

The sad thing is that in what, 15-20 years of participating in the internets, this is the very first time I've used the ignore function, ever.

Do yourself a favor and do the same. It just isn't worth it.  :drinks:

Regards,

Brian Doney

I find it laughable that its our fault since its not a consumer product… None the less its a product to be sold. If this is a "commercial" product it should have higher standards, where I am from "commercial" grade usually means better than consumer

IMO P3D V2 is a poorly ported FSX that they are trying to build upon, but being its still a 32 bit program and nothing that I was promised of being able to take advantage of my computer has come true, and will never come true due to the limits of the 32 bit program not being able to allocate more memory. This is just another program that was aimed at 10 year old 32 bit computers.

After trying it out for a almost a month I feel duped I got excited over an improvement to FSX, in its basic form I don't see the improvement of FSX vs P3D V2 on my computer. As its clear both are very CPU heavy still.

And the key to P3D V2 success will be LM improving laughable bugs, its sad that some members have found solutions before LM could and LM posts on their forums average peoples solutions, if you sent me this program in beta it would of been clearly obvious form the get go that its full of issue,

P3D V2 might as well be named P3D beta 2.0

Excuse me, but hat exactly is anyone claiming is "our fault"?

How can you be so sure that LM didn't find these solutions first?

ANY modern flightsim is going to be very CPU heavy . . . because of all the things that we all now expect from a flightsim.  This is just as true for games . . . as hardware improves, the bar for what we expect just gets pushed higher.  And 64-bit isn't a magic fix.  I'm getting higher FPS in P3D2 than I am with 64-bit X-Plane 10 (in the same locations, under similar conditions) and I have FTXG installed in P3D.

Sorry, but if you cannot see any improvement over FSX, than you are not running the same P3D2 that I am (or your "high-end" computer is not all that high).

I asked this in my lost post, but no one answered my question: "When was the last time a major update was released for any flightsim, that didn't require a patch?"

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE