Sign in to follow this  
Leeroy173

strange display visuals

hi guys,

http://i.imgur.com/iBE8DGf.png

hop you see what i mean.

I had this problem in the ngx too but there i could just turn the displays down untill the background is black.. it does not appear in the MD11 or any other addon.

in the T7 i cant do that so i need a fix, also its much stronger than in the ngx.

i found out that it gets much less if i turn off the highly detailed cockpit option but that does not look very nice over time.

hope someone knows what to do.

thanks, Leeroy

in the T7 i cant do that so i need a fix

Intro manual explains why this happens and what to do.

In order to answer your question, though:

The individual dimmers are slaved to the master control knob.  When the center button on the master control knob is pressed in, the individual knobs can only change the displays so much (and are fully slaved in the middle position, where the dot is, above each individual knob).

In order to get full range on each individual knob, press the center button of the master switch to turn the master setting off.  This master switch is just above your landing lights on the overhead panel.

The introduction manual contains a ton of other useful information about the quirks of the aircraft, as well, so I recommend that you read it.  It'll avoid the frustration, and to be quite honest, the embarassment of pointing out a "bug" that's actually not a bug, or something in need of a fix.

Kyle Rodgers

thanks, totaly forgot about the manuals and lookt there now and also changed the aspect ratio as recomended in the manual witch kind of helped with the problem for now. But its still there in form of little dots(very visible on ND) and playing around with the master and the lights does not change it at all.

http://i.imgur.com/ZZaaETJ.png

thanks, Leeroy

edit: also i realised i dont like the aspekt ratio like this and than its like in the beginning

I totally dont see a problem....nor any dots?!

Maybe it is my iPad2 that cant show it or I am just not looking carefully enough.

Rob Robson

on the displays what looks like some reflections you can see some colorchanges where thy should not be and when i move the camera they change aswell.

in the second picture you can see them realy small, they look like pixels of the screen but when i move the camera they start moving too and create patterns wich look odd.

Still cant see it.

You mean the dirty finger prints on the displays, or the shimmering at various places (not only displays) around the cockpit?

Both are normal but shimmering can be reduced by higher levels of AA.

Rob Robson

There is the possibility to change the color of all the screens backgrounds (via options in fmc). They are not black by default. If you change them to black, the shimmering might go away. It worked for me. This is also the difference to the NGX, where you can not change colors...

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

I think the OP's talking about the same thing I have; kind of moire patterns against the black background of the displays. I could get rid of these in the NGX by just turning down the individual panel's brightness, but that doesn't fully work in the 777. I've just learned to get used to them.

Kevin O'Connell

Kevin O'Connell

I am on my phone now and don't see what you mean. I was guessing by your explaination. I don't care if they are all black irl. It looks best for me that way.

I think the OP's talking about the same thing I have; kind of moire patterns against the black background of the displays. I could get rid of these in the NGX by just turning down the individual panel's brightness, but that doesn't fully work in the 777. I've just learned to get used to them.

Kevin O'Connell

Try what I said. I'm quiet sure it will help you.

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px