Sign in to follow this  
astroavion

Add Area Path Problem in Add-On Scenery Library

Hey guys. I've been installing sceneries for years and have never encountered this problem: I added a few freeware airports today, and now when I click on "Settings - Scenery Library - Add Area", it is taking me to my Documents folder instead of the Add On Scenery Folder. I can manually navigate through to the add-on folder, but I was just wondering how to change it back.

Where is the file that contains the path for when you click "Add-Area" and how do I change it so the right folder opens up?

This was pretty hard to search for an answer to this, I've had no luck. If anyone else can find it, could you at leawst point me to the right topic on the forum? Plus I'll keep searching...

Thanks. Andrew

Make sure the Addon Scenery folder is not Read Only, or some other setting?   Make sure you didn't move the Addon Scenery folder?

Hmm. I checked and it was showing read only, so I cleared that up and thought it might work, but after rebooting and such, it is still pointing to the documents folder instead of the add-on scenery. I guess it's not too big of deal; just have to take a few more steps to get to the add on folder. I did notice some strange behavior in other things though, such as my AFCAD 2.2 keeps jamming up now, taking a unusually long time to load the airports, and showing files as "unknown". Very strange. I think I may have too much stuff loaded on my sim now. Might have to delete and reinstall from scratch.

Thanks for your help tgibson.