Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Using Nvidia Inspector?

I save my settings using the profile of "Prepar3d", but are they taking effect when running P3d V2?   Also, whenever I start NI, it shows "_Global_Driver_Profile (base profile).  How do I know which profile is in effect when running P3d V2?

I also noticed that when I set "Antialiasing - Transparancy Supersampling" to "AA MODE_REPLAY_SAMPLES_FOUR" my fps is 75, and when it is set to "4x Sparse Grid Supersampling" the fps goes down to 47.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

NI doesn't work that way. The video driver knows what profile to use for each app. If there isn't either a user created or an nVidia supplied profile for a specific app, then the global profile is used by default. One thing that you supposedly have to do is add the executable to the Prepar3d profile (It's one of the colored buttons to the right of and above the green bar. Once you do that, the green bar will look like this in NI for that profile:

post-288683-0-28143400-1387423051.jpg

The thinking is that the profile somehow only applies to the P3d 1.x, unless you explicitly add the P3d2 file to the existing profile. I can't say that I have proof that this is needed, but it works for me and others apparently also think that it does.

Just to be sure I 'always' delete the original Prepar3D profile completely and create a new one to which I add the Prepar3D v2 exe. I only use that profile to Enhance the sim with 2xSGSS. 

Just to be sure I 'always' delete the original Prepar3D profile completely and create a new one to which I add the Prepar3D v2 exe. I only use that profile to Enhance the sim with 2xSGSS. 

Jeroen - if i may ask, what is the profile setting you use for P3Dv2? Just the stock standard global setting but linked to the P3Dv2 exe with the 2xSGSS setting as you mentioned or are there other things you add?

Cheers mate

DOug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Jeroen - if i may ask, what is the profile setting you use for P3Dv2? Just the stock standard global setting but linked to the P3Dv2 exe with the 2xSGSS setting as you mentioned or are there other things you add?

Cheers mate

DOug

I always change two things in the nVidia default profile: Multi display to Single display performance mode (although I doubt if that does anything for my setup: I only do it because I have a single monitor) and Power management mode to Performance. So the new P3D profile has the default settings plus the two mentioned changes. For P3D right now I only set AA Mode to Enhance and AATS to 2xSGSS.

What's the reason to do this? I doubt it has any positive effect for P3D v2.

Spirit

What's the reason to do this? I doubt it has any positive effect for P3D v2.

Spirit

If you mean why I delete the profile: because the profile that comes with the drivers has been made for P3D 1.4. Now I didn't check if it had any specific settings but I simply deleted it because I don't own P3D 1.4 but P3D 2.0. Better safe than sorry, just to be sure, that kind of thing.  ^_^

If you mean why I set it to Enhance and 2xSGSS: because without this my VC's look like crap.  ^_^

If you mean why I delete the profile: because the profile that comes with the drivers has been made for P3D 1.4. Now I didn't check if it had any specific settings but I simply deleted it because I don't own P3D 1.4 but P3D 2.0. Better safe than sorry, just to be sure, that kind of thing.  ^_^

If you mean why I set it to Enhance and 2xSGSS: because without this my VC's look like crap.  ^_^

I've no negative experience with using and modifying the given P3D profile but if you've a better feeling with your method - why not if it works.

For the settings I've 8xSGSS and it's ok for me.

Spirit

I always change two things in the nVidia default profile: Multi display to Single display performance mode (although I doubt if that does anything for my setup: I only do it because I have a single monitor) and Power management mode to Performance. So the new P3D profile has the default settings plus the two mentioned changes. For P3D right now I only set AA Mode to Enhance and AATS to 2xSGSS.

Thanks Buddy!

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

I save my settings using the profile of "Prepar3d", but are they taking effect when running P3d V2?   Also, whenever I start NI, it shows "_Global_Driver_Profile (base profile).  How do I know which profile is in effect when running P3d V2?

I also noticed that when I set "Antialiasing - Transparancy Supersampling" to "AA MODE_REPLAY_SAMPLES_FOUR" my fps is 75, and when it is set to "4x Sparse Grid Supersampling" the fps goes down to 47.

Hi Howard,

Be aware there are real problems w/ driver tweaks authored thru Inspector particularly w/ respect to DirectX 11.  I have yet to find AA settings that work anywhere near as well in P3DV2 as in FSX which is presumably mostly related to DirectX 9 versus 11.  From LM:

Why aren’t NVIDIA driver overrides aren’t working?

Rest assured that we aren’t disabling these on purpose. We want all our users to have the broadest set up tweaks and tools at their disposal to get the most out of Prepar3D v2. We’ve been working with NVIDIA to try to track this down. Some of the overrides may not actually work with any D3D11 application. Thus far, NVIDIA has not given us any feedback to indicate that we need to do anything more on our end to enable these overrides. We will keep working with them to resolve the issue. For now, most driver overrides won’t work.

Because of these issues I've given up on Inspector for any tweaks whatsoever for V2.  Setting AF to x16 (always set in FSX this way w/o troubles) causes the worst corruption of water textures too, so I've essentially disabled everything offered thru Inspector for now, so my P3D profile is essential OFF or Application Controlled, for best results so far so that Global settings don't prevail when V2 is running.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Thanks Noel.  So I'm thinking that the safest route would be to completely remove Nvidia Inspector from my system until it is DX11 ready and just use the Nvidia control panel for any adjustments.  Do you agree?

Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Thanks Noel.  So I'm thinking that the safest route would be to completely remove Nvidia Inspector from my system until it is DX11 ready and just use the Nvidia control panel for any adjustments.  Do you agree?

Howard

I don't see a downside if you set it up as I have w/ the P3D profile essentially disabling any of the advanced AA/AF settings.  If you have any other sims/games you may want to keep it installed so you can take advantage of those nice DX9 tweaks.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

How do I delete the original Prepar3d profile and add the Prepar3d v2 exe?

Howard

How do I delete the original Prepar3d profile and add the Prepar3d v2 exe?

I'm not looking at the interface, but basically you find the existing one and delete it w/ the red X delete button I'm thinking it must be.  Then, create a new one, and use the correct button to associate the P3D.exe executable to that newly created profile, saving your various settings you wish Inspector to utilize when the executable is run.  P3D.exe would live in the root install folder you installed P3D into initially.

Noel

You can save your existing profile (ex. for v1.4) -

Make changes for V2 in Inspector (right in the 1.4 profile),THEN make sure you point the executable in the green bar to Prepar.exe (to the Prepar3D version 2 folder) - FINALLY, click apply and your new changes are made. You can then save the new profile (ex. for V2).

Has worked like a charm for me from FSX, v1.4, and now v2.0)

Tom