Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfan23

Going back to UT2

I didn't think it would bother me that I would not see much AI traffic during flights but turns out it does haha. So I am going back to UT2. This time though I am really going to try and update the liveries I can find.

I started by trying to update A319 from the old united colors to the new ones. I found a aircraft and texture file put it all together in the sim objects/ UT2 fodler and yet when I go to find it in UT2 it's not there. 

I was able to update the 752 with the new United livery from AIG but so far there planes are the only ones that seem to show up in the manufacturer tab in UT2.

Do these other planes not work with FSX is that why they are not showing up? I found the planes/liveries everything I could want to update but they just don't show up in UT2.

Well turns out the 752 texture I installed didn't work in FSX. The plane appeared black. 

The only airline I want to try and update at the moment is United just because I want all there planes to have the new livery.

Could somebody please post what planes and repaints they used for the United fleet to accomplish this? 

I'm running UT2 and have the Alpha India 757-200 up and running just fine

Yea turned out I didn't have texture file named right. It works now after the fix. Did you update any of the regional jets for United? I tried to use the AIM RJ145 and I have the right textures for it but it doesn't show up anywhere in UT2. I checked to make sure the files and everything are the same and it appears they are. 

Do you know of another RJ145 file out there that has united textures? 

Do you know of another RJ145 file out there that has united textures? 

I use the ERJ and united textures that come with UT2...haven't found anything better that works so far.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I use the ERJ and united textures that come with UT2...haven't found anything better that works so far.

I didn't think UT2 had any updated liveries. It seems most of the airports I am flying into I see a ton of RJ135-145 and they all have the default paint. I will try and see if I can find the plane you are using. 

Just to be clear, I still have a mix of old and new United liveries, so, no, I don't have a satisfactory solution for you if you're looking for only the post-merger liveries for the ERJs.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Just to be clear, I still have a mix of old and new United liveries, so, no, I don't have a satisfactory solution for you if you're looking for only the post-merger liveries for the ERJs.

I found the plane from a place called AIM and updated United textures. At first it didn't work because I installed the textures to the wrong plane but once I figured that out I was able to fix it and have brand new RJ145 with updated United textures. 

I found the plane from a place called AIM and updated United textures. At first it didn't work because I installed the textures to the wrong plane but once I figured that out I was able to fix it and have brand new RJ145 with updated United textures. 

Where did you find a post-merger paint for that model? I can only find Continental paints for it on the AIM site.

Thanks.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Where did you find a post-merger paint for that model? I can only find Continental paints for it on the AIM site.

Thanks.

Flightsim, just searched for United and they have a ton of updated textures for various AI planes. 

theres plenty of repaints in the library. send me a pm mate..ill help you out

14ppkc-6.png

I wonder why UT2 developers can't just have an update for this product, I would even pay a small upgrade fee. Guess I should make a request from them.

:P Timothy Murphy