Sign in to follow this  
earnorbust

JS4100 doesn't work

Hi everybody

I just bought the JS4100 and the neu 777. The Boeing runs fine with no problems. The JS4100 installed and was activated - but It just doesn't load. My FSX crashes every time.

I have no major problems with any other of my many FSX products and add-ons - so my settings seem to be fine. And PMDG was always a good buy.

I posted two support tickets regarding this problem. But to my amazement, I am not getting any response?!

Can anyone help?

If I still get no ticket or forum response, is there any other way to get in touch with PMDG ? :unsure:

thx

Robert Simms

Hi T-Berg

Thanks for your reply!

I have tried different ways to load it. The latest try was from the cockpit of a simple plane in cold & dark modus. Finally, I renamed the FSX.cfg. That loaded the plane, but then I had no 2D or 3D cockpit views on any of my planes any more (only an outside view)!

Why does this plane need a special setting to get started? The new 777 starts in any condition without any fuss!

Reading all the past posts here, the JS4100 installation seems to have caused a lot of problems in the past. Why doesn't PMDG patch it to make it work like their other products (or take it off the sales shelf)?

And after 4 years of troubleshooting, they must surely know the weak spots, because their other products don't seem to have this mishap. Especially, why doesn't a representative of PMDG move in and tell me how to get my installation fixed and keep me a happy customer, instead of not responding?!

What now? Do you have any suggestions?

Robert

Especially, why doesn't a representative of PMDG move in and tell me how to get my installation fixed and keep me a happy customer, instead of not responding?!

Have you checked your junk mail folder?  Sometimes the responses can end up there, depending on your settings.

Additionally, your initial post here was submitted at 10PM EST, and your follow up at 3AM EST.  They're headquartered in that time zone, and although there are a few others in other time zones, they don't have a 24 hour support desk.

I'm not sure when you submitted your support tickets, but if your posts are any indication, it might just be a delay because of the differences in the time zones.

Kyle Rodgers

I had the same problem, I would click the JS41 and then CTD. Pmdg sent me a file to drop into PMDG_BAe_JS4100_  FSX/Guages folder

You can PM me with email if you want to try it and I will send you the file. Just make sure you back up the original folder

ZORAN

It looks like your issue is different from when mine was crashing to the desktop, the reason was that FSX was loading another complex aircraft then the J41 which the J41 doesn't like. PMDG should be able to get this sorted out for you, as someone mentioned check you junk folder.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Hi again Zoran

Got your file, but I don't know where to put it??

I have no folder named: "PMDG_BAe4100_FSX" in FSX and of course no "Gauges" sub folder.

There is a "Gauges" Folder in the FSX-Folder. The contents there are only *.cab files though (no *.dll"s)?!

There is a "PMDG" folder within the FSX folder with a sub folder called: "DLLS". Should I put it there?

@ T-Berg

Spam folder is clean. DARK & COLD...absolutely no response from PMDG yet...not even a simple acknowledgement that they received my 2 support tickets  :unsure:

Even here...on their customer support pages...no response. This is new to me! :unsure:

from pmdg

" try replacing your PMDG_BAe_JS4100_3..dll file in the FSX/Guages
>>> folder"

sorry Im on my lap top and not the fsx pc so i cant see the files.

sounds like just the fsx/gauges folder

ZORAN

I have no such folder in FSX ?!     ...sorry

you do or you wouldnt have gauges ;-)

ZORAN

HURRAY!

It works. I am really flabbergasted. I can't believe it. That was excellent intuition Zoran. Thank you so much! :rolleyes:

You really saved my Christmas ^_^

I wish you sincerely a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year

Robert

Glad it worked Rob, enjoy !

ZORAN