Sign in to follow this  
cva1077

RealNZ Wellington-Now Freeware

Just a HU that Real New Zealand Wellington for FSX, by Godzone Virtual Flight, has been released as freeware. It has photoreal coverage of a huge area (50x70km) around Wellington and a good rendition of NZWN airport. Highlights include with custom terminals, runways and photoreal ground. The developer advises that it is not compatible with FTX NZ.

Here is a link to the product page with download links and videos: http://www.windowlight.co.nz/store/index.php?main_page=page&id=70&chapter=2

Although the developer says that it's not compatible with Orbx NZ, I've got them working together without obvious problems by simply disabling three files--two from the Orbx installation and one from this package. More testing needed, as they say, but it looks OK so far.

Although the developer says that it's not compatible with Orbx NZ, I've got them working together without obvious problems by simply disabling three files--two from the Orbx installation and one from this package. More testing needed, as they say, but it looks OK so far.

That's great. Can you let us know what files need to be removed when your finished testing ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I disabled Wellington.bgl from this package (this is the photoreal piece) and ADE_FTX_NZNI_NZWN_CVX.bgl and ADE_FTX_NZNI_NZWN_Objects from FTX_NZNI_05_SCENERY (in the Orbx folder).

So now you can test too. :P

I will. Thanks for that. Robin has also made Marlborough freeware as well, includes Woodbourne airport in Blenheim, good for ATR and Das 8 flights.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

If it is, as the OP suggests, a decent land area at the southern tip of the North Island, if one only has ORBX NZ South Island currently installed, one could install this and be able to fly across to Wellington and have the best of both worlds (ie not have to remove or disable any files) - would I be correct in this assumption?

If it is, as the OP suggests, a decent land area at the southern tip of the North Island, if one only has ORBX NZ South Island currently installed, one could install this and be able to fly across to Wellington and have the best of both worlds (ie not have to remove or disable any files) - would I be correct in this assumption?

Yes, would be no problem

Wow cool!

That is reeally generous and the quality of Godzone stuff is really high.

Off to D/L now.  :cool:

if one only has ORBX NZ South Island currently installed, one could install this and be able to fly across to Wellington and have the best of both worlds

Yes, you could do that, but if you do have NZ North Island, I would recommend you install it (and remove the relevant files) so that the north island doesn't look like a desert.

The photoreal contrasts a lot with the rest of the north island (default textures), so if you're flying NZWN-NZAA, there'll be a big change in colours.

That is reeally generous and the quality of Godzone stuff is really high.

He has released this NZWN for free, as he is making a new (more chocolatey) version. I assume the new one will be FTX and p3dv2 compatible, but that is pure speculation. Check out the latest development shots at the bottom of this page

He has released this NZWN for free, as he is making a new (more chocolatey) version. I assume the new one will be FTX and p3dv2 compatible, but that is pure speculation. Check out the latest development shots at the bottom of this page

Spot on, Ryan -- it'll be for P3D2 and FSX, with either FTX NZNI or Vector Land Class, the local landclass addon. Or even default FSX/P3D if that's what you have for NZ. I'm a big fan of P3Dv2, which is the gist of the blog you pointed out. There's a bit more info over at the NZFF forum, including a video glimpse of the new Wellington in P3D.

I have a dual installer ready to go for my previous release (Nelson), I'm just waiting on a patch from LM which should fix a couple of issues. 2014 is shaping up to be a great sim year, that's for sure.

-Robin

Hi Robin,

The "New" Welly is looking really good, and look forward to the release. Even though I already own the legacy copy of NZWN, I think it was generous of you to make it freeware. It will give most a taste of your skills in building first class airports.

Spot on, Ryan -- it'll be for P3D2 and FSX, with either FTX NZNI or Vector Land Class, the local landclass addon.

Robin, the shots and videos on the forum look great! I'll definately pick up your new Wellington when it's out, but in the mean time, this version will do very well.