Sign in to follow this  
rippy

Micro-stutter solution might be coming

I notice DX10 preview exhibiting the same scenerio.

Yes me too.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

If anyone needed a reason to support LM by purchasing P3D, this should be one of them.

I appreciate you guys testing this to get the bugs out. Keep up the great work and I'll purchase it when LM has it all sorted out. Thanks again.

40-45, and 60-90 are problem ranges.

Hm, well, it's a nice find but a lot of us, if not most, were flying in FSX and also P3D with locked fps and not within the problem ranges. And I sure did have stutters in FSX. I sometimes have them also in P3D but not regularly. Anyway, I wonder if this news is such big news...? Or am I missing something obvious here? ^_^

Hm, well, it's a nice find but a lot of us, if not most, were flying in FSX and also P3D with locked fps and not within the problem ranges. And I sure did have stutters in FSX. I sometimes have them also in P3D but not regularly. Anyway, I wonder if this news is such big news...? Or am I missing something obvious here? ^_^

It's huge news... It means running unlimited and capped externally at 60 without worrying about your FPS standing a chance of fluctuating into a "problem zone"..   It now makes sense now why there was always the two "stuttering is awful" and "I never have stutters" camps..  It was just dumb luck they/we fell into a safe zone..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Jeroen,

It would somewhat depend, do you play PC games at all ? Those that work properly with frame timing tools are markedly more smooth than any version of FS has ever been. Even the smoothest FS setup is not really all that smooth on the grand scale.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Hm, okay, so this is good news even when you have fps locked at 34...? Which is out of the problem range? Or does this mean we can set the sim to unlimited and never ever have performance spikes anymore? I still don't get it, I think... ^_^

What it means in large part is that much of the stuttering we've encountered over the years has not been directly related to the settings we run.

Frame timing, literally the time between frames, is just as if not in some ways more important than actual FPS, ask any AMD user  :lol:

More importantly though, it seems that there were/are some issues in keeping the simulation rate and frame rate in step, that might now be resolved.

Regards,

Brian Doney

A rewrite of all the holy tweaking guides is comming up then..

Great news! I wish this could get fixed in FSX too though.

Sorry to be negative, but I could not resist, so here goes:

Perhaps we should contact our friend Joshua Howard (thought leader of ms Flight) to fix the issue in fsx for microsoft.

Now I will be positive:

I am really pleased that our flight simulation platform is in the right hands.  Thanks LM for your continued efforts.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Getting rid of this bug is the equivalent of Geraldo Rivera actually finding something in Al Capones Vault on live TV

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

hate to say this, but I'm holding my excitements until the patch is out and I can confirm by my eyes that those stutters are indeed gone.

Most of time I think the stutters are pretty subtle, but you can kind of feel them ...

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11