Sign in to follow this  
koala63

Concorde X training INS and slow down

Hello guys :)

I bought the concorde X of flight sim labs and i have problems because of my few hours on this plane.

1- How calibrate the INS on the flight?   (the manuel isn't very easy at this point for me and im french and there a very few tutorial in french...

2- Slow down the concorde is a big challenge, i begin my deceleration about 300nm of the airport but i coming to fast and i have a 250kt below 10 000ft restriction

3-To make sure, how do you enter this lat/lont in the INS system?  N40°34'56.00" E031°49'58.00"

Thanks a lot

koala63,

You might like to try asking your questions on our support forum - we have plenty of people who can offer you help there.

There are also a good number of tutorials on YouTube that might be easier for you to follow.

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

1. At page 201 of flying manual, there is DME update procedure explained very clear and very easy to do.

2. Once you slow down to subsonic speeds, concorde slows down as any other aircraft.

3. Correct format is N/S DDMM.M E/W DDDMM.M

Hello guys :)

I bought the concorde X of flight sim labs and i have problems because of my few hours on this plane.

1- How calibrate the INS on the flight?   (the manuel isn't very easy at this point for me and im french and there a very few tutorial in french...

2- Slow down the concorde is a big challenge, i begin my deceleration about 300nm of the airport but i coming to fast and i have a 250kt below 10 000ft restriction

3-To make sure, how do you enter this lat/lont in the INS system?  N40°34'56.00" E031°49'58.00"

Thanks a lot

First you have to convert your lat and long deg min secs into deg.min.decimals.

In fact it's already done for you.<shift>Z on my keyboard brings up my position. The same key function as for fps.

So your keystrokes should be: n40349 <insert> e31499 <insert> Note that after the first <insert> it stays lit until you have completed the long.

At page 201 of flying manual, there is DME update procedure explained very clear and very easy to do.

Yeah i don't saw that i was with the flight tutorial, thanks :)

Once you slow down to subsonic speeds, concorde slows down as any other aircraft.

I agree with you, but i have to come at FL100 and below with 250kt, maybe 300nm isn't a good time for deceleration, i will try with 350nm.

My flight test is OMDB-LFPG and i have to perform it.

Hi ! :)

I flew with the Concorde this week, since a long time i forget it because i was in my PMDG 777  :P

Im training on short flight with the Concorde (about 1500-2500 miles...) i don't have problem with the INS/DME update with my flights, i can now do it quickly and i learned how to calculate my T/D.

But one mystery point remind for me and sorry if the question is stupid for you ^_^ but in the Paris - New-york what LAT/LON can i use for update my INS? because there no VOR for longtime on my way.Can i update the INS passing near another VOR (40 miles away?)

Thanks a lot.