Sign in to follow this  
Glennp

serial number not sticky

I did some reinstalls of software, FS and PMDG 737.  Now every time I go to use the 737NG PMDG is asking for the serial number.  I'm close to having the serial number memorized.  Any fix or idea of what to do ?  Yes I have a purchased boxed copy.

Any fix or idea of what to do ?

Are you running FSX as an admin?  My guess is that it's trying to write to the windows registry, but doesn't have the proper permissions.  Additionally, if you've run a "tweaking" tool, it may be disabling FlexNET, which is a required service for the serial process.  If you have not followed a tweaking guide or use a tweaking tool, ignore the latter point.

Kyle Rodgers

No luck , trying uninstalling all my FS stuff and going from there.  Goflight PMC pro was acting up also, coarse LCD kept changing.  What a mess... Later.  TY

trying uninstalling all my FS stuff and going from there

As I always say, that's generally more of a hassle than it's worth, particularly because the Windows Registry is more of what I'm imagining the issue is.  That remains regardless of uninstall/reinstalls (as an example, I reformatted my FS Drive only, leaving my OS drive alone, and when I reinstalled, some of the programs didn't ask for keys since the Windows Reg still had them in there.

In any case, I hope it works.  This time around, make sure you run all of the installers as an admin to ensure everything goes through properly.

Kyle Rodgers