Sign in to follow this  
ysfsim

Would like to see a PMDG 737MAX

Could this be possible in the future? The ngx model can still be used but some tweaks to it would make it look like the MAX. Adding the new winglets and bigger engine nacelles should not be hard, right? As for internals, add any changes to the fuel quantity if needed, tweak the engine model to simulate the performance of the CFM LEAP-X, and add the increased efficiency of the winglets.

Thoughts?

Adding the new winglets and bigger engine nacelles should not be hard, right?

Well, from the graphical standpoint, it would be an undertaking, but possible.

As for internals, add any changes to the fuel quantity if needed, tweak the engine model to simulate the performance of the CFM LEAP-X, and add the increased efficiency of the winglets.

How would you propose to do that? The real one is not even expected to fly until 2016.

I don't see any way this would happen as an NGX extension. This would be its own product after the real aircraft enters service. The cockpit is changing pretty drastically vs. the NG and the new engines and wing are going to require a lot of work to model the performance for.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

By 2016 the NGX, as great as she is, will be a bit long in the tooth and ready for a refresh. The timing will be perfect for something all new. In the meantime I'm hoping we eventually get the 739ER for the current NGX. Even with the terrific 777, it's hard to stray far from the 737!

-John Luis

The cockpit is changing pretty drastically vs. the NG

Did they actually finalise it, Ryan?

I've seen mockups with both 787 style cockpit and 777 style cockpit.

Although even with 777 style the internal differences could be enormous. Well, I'd say it's time to let the 737 have EICAS anyway. IMHO the NG should have had it in the first place.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

By 2016 the NGX, as great as she is, will be a bit long in the tooth and ready for a refresh. The timing will be perfect for something all new.

-John Luis

Way early. The projected EIS is not until 2017 and you would need at least a couple months worth of line experience for PMDG to have some basis to build on. And that is if they manage to put their feet in the airlines door with professional line.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

So are you asking me if I want a hack and slash model of the NGX?  

My answer is NO

Let me ask you this, did you buy the 747-8?

I don't see any way this would happen as an NGX extension. This would be its own product after the real aircraft enters service. The cockpit is changing pretty drastically vs. the NG and the new engines and wing are going to require a lot of work to model the performance for.

Really? Unless I read old news, I was under the impression that Boeing will keep the flight deck commonality like the 747-8.

Look folks, this was just an idea. Why all the heat? Cool your after burners. I did not say this is to be made soon as the real thing is not out yet. The NGC model is in two major parts: the exterior and interior model. If the flight deck changes then that model needs to be remade. As for the external, has anyone seen the proposed design? It looks just the same as the ng except for some not too major changes such as new engines, longer gear struts and that shiny new blended winglet.

They should have made a clean sheet design. Composites a light 737 would be good.l

They should have made a clean sheet design. Composites a light 737 would be good.l

My personal opinion is similar, we should have been babbling about Yellowstone Narrowbody, not another 737 (although, 50 years in production, that IS impressive!). But bu the time Airbus NEO was announced, MAX was the only option for Boeing to stay in the race.

I think most airlines would rather see the new 737 being as similar as possible to the current, rather than being a complete redesign.

It'll save them quite a few bucks in the long run, through savings on (common) type ratings for pilots and mechanics.

While I would have liked a new design too, a like the MAX very much as well. Not too sure about the nose blister though... (Some renderings even omit it, we may be in for a surprise)

Not too sure about the nose blister though...

If it's there for what I think it's there for, I doubt it'll do away.

My understanding is that it's there to add length to the nose gear to accommodate the new engine option.  I could be wrong though.  I haven't been following it too closely.

Kyle Rodgers

@Topic: Honestly, no. Maybe after they have done the 747-400/8 and the 787...maybe. I'd rather like to see a PMDG up-to-date Dash-8 100 or Q200 or an Airbus. Any airliner that is currently in service would be great. 

@MAX-debate: From what I've heard the layout of the main panel will be kept very similar to the NG, and indeed, there will be big 787-like MFD's installed. I'm not sure about the overhead, though. It would surprise me if they redesigned that completely. 

'd rather like to see a PMDG up-to-date Dash-8 100 or Q200 or an Airbus. Any airliner that is currently in service would be great

I think the dash 8 was said to be in the line up. As for the 'bus, I don't think that will happen unless some drastic change occurs. BTW aerosoft made a good rendition, right? I'm going with Boeing...