Sign in to follow this  
Japo32

MCP combo2 stops interacting with FSX

Hello,

Latelly I am suffering a bug that makes me mad. All is correct in MCP with linda... but suddently not doing anything special.. just flying, it stops the interaction with FSX. There is no advise about it.. just the MCP stays frozen.. and change in any value or botton don't make any change in MCP combo 2 so no change in FSX. 

This can happen several hours after good function... 

Don't know what it can be.. in the console of linda, don't appear anything special. Not saying that is linda.. Just asking if anyone has the same problem to guide me in the path to the solution

Thanks!

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Does restart of Lua part of the LINDA helps in this case?

There is a corresponding link in LINDA's GUI side menu on it's main page (right to the news column). Try it, if don't yet.

I never had this issue myself, but I've heard of it several times.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Yes.. I press "reload Lua engine" but nothing is changed. The Console do all its stuff... Teh configuration checklist is all ok.. but it is not working. It is like when we start first FSX and then the MCP.. there is no connection.. and I cannot manage to recover the connection with it, unless I switch off FSX and restart again. It is not a hot-plugin hardware, like it can be trackir or the joysticks....

What OS is on your system?

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Hello,

Latelly I am suffering a bug that makes me mad. All is correct in MCP with linda... but suddently not doing anything special.. just flying, it stops the interaction with FSX. There is no advise about it.. just the MCP stays frozen.. and change in any value or botton don't make any change in MCP combo 2 so no change in FSX. 

This can happen several hours after good function... 

Don't know what it can be.. in the console of linda, don't appear anything special. Not saying that is linda.. Just asking if anyone has the same problem to guide me in the path to the solution

Thanks!

I have migrated to X-Plane 10, but back in the day when I flew FSX, I ran into some issues with VRinsight hardware and Linda and FSX.  In my case, there was a button or switch that was constantly transmitting an instruction (it might have been "gear up") and my 'guess' was that this constant data flow 'flooded' the buffer for Linda, and in essence "crashed" or caused the VRinsight gear to stop responding.

Check all of your Linda button/switch assignments carefully.  See if you have any assignments that say "repeat" (while the switch or button is in a given position).  Try deleting that setting and see if your problem goes away.

Just a suggestion.  Be sure you take screenshots of all of your Linda settings  (I like TechSmith's "SnagIt" software for such a task) to enable you to put everything 'back like it was' just in case.

Also, be sure you have the latest version of FSUIPC.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Yes yes I have the last fuipc. Could maybe that the problem. But I just copied the module from the download section and didn't modify anything.

I have Windows 7 64bits.... and had an similar issue with aida64 and a sai drivers that didn't let me manage at all the mcp. But both are solved.

Don't know will look for that repeat. .. The problem is that is not easy to produce.

Thanks!

It worked for me, as best as I can remember.  That was some time back.  Best of luck.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

I have Windows 7 64bits.... and had an similar issue with aida64 and a sai drivers that didn't let me manage at all the mcp. But both are solved.

Ok. The next thing to check is to enable VRinsight events log (there is a checkbox in LINDA Console panel). It will show all the commands received by FSUIPC/LINDA from MCP Combo COM port. Check if there any input is coming from MCP next time you will have the issue.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Ok.. will do next flight. Maybe it will take time.. I am not an usual flyer but will do.. and next time I have same problem I will report!

Thanks!

I encounter this issue 1 in 5 flights, but, unlike your own experiences, a simple restart on LINDA generally provides success.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I encounter this issue 1 in 5 flights, but, unlike your own experiences, a simple restart on LINDA generally provides success.

That is interesting to me.. How do you do that? Lets make an example

1. switch on MPC combo2

2. Load FSX.. Linda jumps ahead and MCP combo2 shows choose your aircraft...

3. Choose the Cessna 172 and enter the sim.

4. See that you can manage the HDG knob and the altitude.. All is right

now the test part

5. Disconnect MCP combo2 hardware with the on/off switch.

6. connect again.. Now the screen shows MCP-II/Boeing type.. v1.100 bla bla bla But stays there.

7. In linda the only options I see to reconnect is "Reload Lua engine"

I press that.. but still the MCP combo is frozen in MCP-II/Boeing bla bla bla.. and no way of changing anything.

Is there other way to restart Linda that I am missing? Or that is the way it has to be done? (press the Reload Lua engine link)

Edit: closing Linda window, and opening again with Linda.exe doesn't work even after again I press Reload Lua engine. The only way to make it work is just closing FSX and starting back again.

Isn't there any way to make a hot re-start in linda?

Nope, that's about it, or simply close LINDA and start her up again. Either of these two procedures cures my issue

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

so you just close the hardware with on/off, then switch it on again inside the plane.. restart linda.. and it works? Then I have to have something inside that don't make it right....

Disconnect MCP combo2 hardware with the on/off switch.

If you're doing this with running FSX, then it's obvious LINDA will not work after reconnect. MCP is connected to FSUIPC only on FSX start sequence (and LINDA is utilizing FSUIPC facilities to work with MCP). If you switch it off/on while FSX still running, FSUIPC will lose the connection and will/may not reconnect after that and there is no way to make it reconnect. Only sim restart will help. 

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Ahhh then there was a misunderstood there. Well I will check it with the option inside the console