Sign in to follow this  
Japo32

MCP combo2 stops interacting with FSX

Well.. I have more stops and I don't know clearly what it might be. Maybe the repeat issue might be... But I don't know hat to search for that "repeat" function in Linda.

When I put Log FSX controls I have a constant:

[C] Control: 66442 - 6146 Com2_Radio_Set

[C] Control: 66046 - 0 Gyro_Drift_Set

repeating at high speed

And with Log VRi events I have a constant repeating:

VRI com3 <--- ALT094 [from Lua Plug-in]
VRI com3 <--- DSPE00 \ [from Lua Plug-in]
VRI com3 <--- DSP9\\\u [from Lua Plug-in]
VRI com3 <--- DSPAp up [from Lua Plug-in]
VRI com3 <--- DSPB   \ [from Lua Plug-in]
VRI com3 <--- VVS 000 [from Lua Plug-in]
VRI com3 <--- SPD247 [from Lua Plug-in]
VRI com3 <--- DSPC126\ [from Lua Plug-in]

Maybe this have something to do with the sudden stop of the MCP combo2?

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

it looks like something is sending a repeat command... check your linda settings, make sure no button or switch is set to repeat while the button is pressed (or the switch is left in a certain position).  I don't know the VRI log stuff at all.  It appears that two controls are repeating 66442 Com2 Radio Set and 66046 0 Gyro_Drift_Set are repeating.  Find out where those items are being assigned within LINDA.  Also double check that all of your controls in FSX are DISABLED, if FSX and LINDA/Vri are sending overlapping commands- problems will result.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

The repeating command is likely the result of custom systems in the aircraft in use at the time, for example the PMDG MD11 if I remember correctly sets the FS Control "Rotor Brake" multiple times per second for the whole time the MD11 was the chosen aircraft running in the sim. So its not easy to say with 100% accuracy that this repeating entry in the log is the cause of your problems. It's more likely that Simconnect is simply becoming unresponsive because its been taxed too much by your aircraft (and nothing to do with the gyro drift log entry) and all your addons, when this happens tools like Linda and FSUIPC simply stop working for a short time as they are no longer able to communicate with FSX. That's why most times its starts working again if you press "reload Lua Engine" in Linda as Simconnect has  had time to recover.

Locking your frame rate is one way to reduce the likelihood of this type of thing happening as resources are not wasted on keeping the frame rate at unneeded levels.

Cheers, Andy.

Yes... my framerate is locked at 30.... 

About the repeat function.. where I can see it? because in the assign functions in each button (in the graphic UI) I don't see any Repeat function anywhere... Only I see the function itself called by the press of the button.

The only place I see a repeat, is in the joystick area, but there I don't touch anything.

Like this image... I don't see any repeat there..

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jYQlNOm-w9U/TelE5IBAztI/AAAAAAAABQE/EV0klikUPCI/s1600/lindascreen1.jpg

The problem is once the mcp is locked not responding.. there is no way making it work again but restart fsx. Imagine that it is not fun when the middle of a flight. If I were able to reset it that easily then it would great... but not. Never recovers.

Are you sure that your USB ports are stable, perhaps the hub is going to sleep when it shouldn't do or you have a bad connection.

It's not possible to set a repeat function on the MCP side of things, the VRi hardware do not support repeat on any of its buttons, unless its seen as a USB joystick device by Windows i.e. it doesn't require SerialFP2 or VRiSim as its now known to operate, such as the MS Panel and TT Panel. The repeat functions Robert was speaking of, he meant he saw them in your log, and as I said previously they have nothing to so with buttons being stuck repeating, but they are the result of special programming in the aircraft systems by the aircraft developer, they are using FS features in unique ways to achieve things they were not originally designed for, i.e. they were repurposed.

If you have a joystick type device also setup through Linda and you think it might be causing problems, remove it temporarily and test without it assigned in LINDA and see if the problem goes away.

Cheers, Andy.

Yes.. I thought about the USB not stable.. but I never hear a ding-dong of desconnection.. and also I changed it to another USB port to same result. Could be.. but don't know.

In the pass I had problems with the MCP and some drivers. 2 of them. the Aida64, that I had to switchoff one options to clear though the MCP interaction.. and a Sai drivers that was interacting with the MCP also.

I think.. maybe I have that issue (a driver or service)... but in this case is it very difficult to find because the error ocurs in no time predicted (others was seen inmediatelly). I follow the steps to clear the "USB Serial Converter" that was listed in usbdeview program.. but was the MCP combo2 one.. so it installed again.

Is there any program to deactivate services once FSX is opened? I had Alacrity but it doesn't work in 64bits.. and I don't find anything like that in internet. 

It's not driver related, it would either work or it wouldn't, there is no inbetween. Next time this happens switch to the settings tab in LINDA and press the button on the right hand side of the screen called "Reload Lua engine", that should clear the problem if it was simconnect related and the panel should start working again.

Another thing to check is the addons menu in FSX, if FSUIPC is no longer listed in the addons drop down menu in FSX you know Simconnect has crash catastrophically and cannot restart. This is possibly because of a corrupt FS install and/or faulty hdd or memory or even a bad overclock.

I also do not recommend programs like Aclarity or FSXAssist, they usually cause more problems than they fix, they are snake oil and are designed to part your from your cash for something you either do not need or something you could do yourself for free.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks for the replies!

Well.. as said, everytime I press the "reload Lua engine" it reloads the lua engine.. and the reload start green label appears in FSX but the McP combo2 stays the same. Frozen.

And I think it has not to be with Simconnect because I have all my joysticks mapped though FSUIPC and I don't loose any funcionability.

As said in the drivers.. yes.. it is in the middle.. They affected one of them Totally to the funcionability of the MCP combo with the USB driver.. BUT the SAI one made the Mcp combo work.. sometimes and not work.. going and comming, going and comming. For that I start the think is some kind of driver or issue inside my computer.

One different thing I noticed in P3D v2 with FSX is that setting in the console to show Log FSX controls or Log VRi events.. it doesn't show anything in P3D v2 but yes in FSX. 

with the A2A P51 civ, I have in Log FSX controls option this in FSX constantly

[C] Control: 66046 - 0         GYRO_DRIFT_SET

[C] Control: 66442 - 6146      COM2_RADIO_SET

in P3Dv2 nothing. It is clear.. Maybe that repeat function is breaking it sometimes.. BUT as I said.. I don't know anything of any repeat function, and both lua scrips are the same. And as said also it seems that the repeat function doesn't exist in the combo2.. so I don't know now what to think (and I am not going to reinstall everything again... :((  )

Ok.. after 3 flights with no issues.. I believe MAYBE I found the problem. Nod32. 

Maybe the firewall or the realtime scanning of files is affecting the connection with the MCP.

I tried disabling it for my flights and for now I had no issue at all.. which doesn't mean it is the culprit.

If I find something more I will post in case other has same issue to help him resolve in future.

I use ESET Smart Security 6 which is Nod32 with a firewall and some other stuff included. I place all FS related programs into an exception/exclusion regardless of the anti virus software in use, that way I can be absolutely certain that it wont interfere with my FS programs.

I've never had a problem with the panel disconnecting from Linda. Sometimes buttons can be slow to react or they don't react at all for the first press of a button, but it never stops working completely.

Cheers, Andy.

It's not driver related, it would either work or it wouldn't, there is no inbetween. Next time this happens switch to the settings tab in LINDA and press the button on the right hand side of the screen called "Reload Lua engine", that should clear the problem if it was simconnect related and the panel should start working again.

Another thing to check is the addons menu in FSX, if FSUIPC is no longer listed in the addons drop down menu in FSX you know Simconnect has crash catastrophically and cannot restart. This is possibly because of a corrupt FS install and/or faulty hdd or memory or even a bad overclock.

I also do not recommend programs like Aclarity or FSXAssist, they usually cause more problems than they fix, they are snake oil and are designed to part your from your cash for something you either do not need or something you could do yourself for free.

The whole point behind FSXAssist is that it will help you tweak your system in a more logical manner.  IOW all or most of the various config settings exist on the FSXAssist UI.  The beauty is that you can tweak and reapply while FSX is running.

Other features that FSXAssist offers can be catagorized as non-snake-oil items such as the ability to manage startup applications, dynamically adjust the process AFFINITY MASK, dynamically adjust the OS PRIORITY, Autosaving flights, Crash Recovery and Inflight messaging for the AutoSave feature and WIndows 8 Dropout Fix.

On that last item some users have said that they liked the messages as they help offer another way to judge flight time.  For instance - you may want to quit FSX after the next 3 autosave messages.

And as for causing more problems...  that's kind of the point behind a tool like FSXAssist - to help you find the best configuration for your system.

Regards

Jim Allen

SkyPilot Software

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

I have an issue in that i dont always start my mcp2 before I start fsx and then when I switch it on it just freezes unles I use the vrinsight software??

Is this pilot error on my part?

Yes the panel must be switched on before you load FSX otherwise Linda won't be able to find it because FSUIPC couldn't find it.

Cheers, Andy.