Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Approaching Island Of Crete Can Be Pure Fun!

Shalom and greetings all my pals.

Here is nice Greek holiday flight by Israir Airbus A320 from LLBG Ben Gurion airport located near the suburb of Lod in the southeast outskirts of Tel Aviv 12 miles from Tel Aviv's city center to LGIR Heraklion International Airport  located about 5 km east of the main city center of Heraklion

Jetway disconnected from full boarded plane

ir1.jpg

Waiting for pushback tug to start pushing back from gate

ir2.jpg

Nice wing view of busy airport!!

ir3.jpg

Being pushed back from gate while airport's follow me car is waiting for the plane ready to taxi short of runway 30

ir4.jpg

Time to start engines and make final adjustments to the cockpit panel  (oppss I forgot to set altitude)

ir5.jpg

Taxiing to short of runway 30 while the follow me airport car returns back to gate area to assist other planes

ir6.jpg

oh darn  some light rain

ir7.jpg

Nah I do not need wipers to deal with few raindrops on my cockpit window (oppss in state of excitement I still forgot to set altitude)

ir8.jpg

Entering into runway 30 for take off via PURLA departure

ir9.jpg

On climb to FL340 executing PURLA departure

ir10.jpg

Bye bye Tel Aviv!!!  I am still totally embarressed by lousy FSX default Tel Aviv city scenery and cannot find city scenery for that

ir11.jpg

Climbing through clouds is FUN

ir12.jpg

Making little left turn to avoid strong tuberlance

ir13.jpg

Still climbing climbing to FL340 through scattered thunderstorm

ir14.jpg

ir15.jpg

ir16.jpg

Intercepting PURLA and making right turn to fly straight path to island of Crete via UH1B SUVAS UL53 KAROL UM1 SIT

ir17.jpg

ir18.jpg

Now cruising at FL340 across Mediterranean sea

ir19.jpg

Because of regulations of the forums not allowing more than 20 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink below to view rest of the flight.

Here is the link showing approach to island of Crete: http://vatil.org.il/forum/index.php/topic/41190-approaching-island-of-crete-can-be-fun-for-israeli-pilots/

Thank you for viewing!! Stay tuned for next exciting flight!!

Regards,

Aharon

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!