Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

I like this article from CNN

I don't come here often unless I see something thoughtful that touches on what we do in these forums--having open discussions vs. collecting data on each other and sifting thru it for judgement.  I like to call this the "Forgive and Forget" forum because I can't remember 99 pct. of the things that got me upset in the first place, which is why I like hanging out in the screenshot forum now.  But one thing makes me upset--intrusiveness, when search engines intrude too far, or well meaning governments that mine sites like ours looking for shadows.  Or 'bots in the sky peering down at us like we've seen in post apocalyptic movies.  I think half the time we experience slowdowns in our forums is from such data mining.  I like the spirit of this article--to better technology and recognize these things, and loosen it up a little bit like our forums--which believe me, are more tolerant than many places I've seen in my own life, and probably yours too.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/19/opinion/rushkoff-google-robotics/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

Regards,

John

A very thought provoking article. Thanks for the link.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I love this comment, as it was likewise the very first thing I thought of...

The company that built Skynet just bought the company that built the 1st Cylon - what could possibly go wrong?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I love this comment, as it was likewise the very first thing I thought of...

Skynet--what was the name of the evil system that took over the future in the "Terminator"?  Also, we risk dating ourselves if we remember the Cylons.... 

JC

One question asked was how would robots stop violence?

Easy. Show me a Cylon walking down the street. I bet you wouldn't see a assault or robbery lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Also, we risk dating ourselves if we remember the Cylons.... 

JC

The original Cylons perhaps, but the Cylons were back 2005-2009 in the fantastic re-imagining of the Battlestar Galactica story, across 4 (or was it 5?) series.   :smile: