Sign in to follow this  
pirocoptero

Captain Sim 777/767 Disappointment !

The external models are often very beautiful , spectacular animations . Everything in the plane is excited! Even the toilet seat ..

But that work is good .. nothing I bought the 777 and the 767 of them . With the 767 I have no way to take off VNAV and LNAV armed , the AP has weird behavior after takeoff , if you do not stabilize and clean the plane straight before engaging the AP stole the plane .

Any colder layer that it passes the pitot freezes and the plane goes into a spin ! The guys did not even speed on the 767 tape . Two hundred tickets SPs and works with the fuel pumps off. Can you cross the World (with warm weather , but freezes and stole ) without turning on fuel pumps .

The 777 follows the same path , climbs like a rocket , is rocking the wings entire flight , turn and move the stick hangs facing the ground and have to reload the plane to work.

The ND is sloppy as hell , the FMS is the very same 767/757 with minor adaptations . The proof is that in 3 , in some cases , when you put the STAR is the plane without vertical navigation .. Then have a " trick " to create the FMS vertical navigation again. You have to get a way point of the STAR and put on another ( as if replacing , or go DCT ) , time to run , and you cancel Tharan ! We descent ramp. ALL airplanes with FMC has the same problem ( coincidence? ) And even with a lot of SPs they do not solve .. That's just what I'll write post pro not stay long because it has much more to talk bug ..

Summarizing crap ! ! I'm donating these aircraft for those who want to , want to get rid of this product poorly done .

Never , I repeat never buy anything from Captain SIM ! !

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The VNAV and LNAV are armed after flight, and work fine. Maybe there are carriers that require them to be armed before you roll onto the runway, but I don't know -- I'm not an expert on all carrier operations. It has never occurred to me to hit the buttons before takeoff. AP seems solid enough to me on their Seven series airplanes now. I don't know what you mean by cleaned up and stabilized before engaging AP. I do make sure I'm flying runway heading with nothing weird going on, then select my modes and engage autopilot. There is no requirement that it be "cleaned up." I am usually on autopilot for a bit before I"m at my flap speeds.

It honestly sounds like you have a seriously FUBAR install. They work fine for me, with the exception of the occasional annoying no Top of Descent bug that seems to have been squashed in the 777, so let's hope they fix it in the 757 and 767. They're some pretty nice airplanes.

Registered customers can get support through tickets from Captain Sim's support, or better, from knowledgeable users on their boards. What did you find out over there?

What you've described just isn't the product I'm familiar with, sorry. Since this is a place people can come for support (why, I'm not sure, since the smarter people are more active on the Captain Sim boards) was there a particular support issue here, or was this all there was to it?

Sign in to follow this