Sign in to follow this  
FlyDelta

Microsoft won't Help?

I've been a simmer for a few years now. However, in a recent move I managed to lose the card with my Serials on it. I called Microsoft, even provided them with pictures of the disks, codes on the disks and codes from the manual, but they we're unwilling to help me retrieve a new serial. Has anyone ever retrieved a new serial?

I know there are work arounds, but I'd rather have a real license and be able to update to Acceleration, considering that I have purchased the Deluxe for a reason.

Thanks for the help!

FlyDelta

//Mod edit--image removed for violation of AVSIM image policy, no more than 1600 px width, and no larger than 400KB--please read policy in "Forums" pulldown menu on main page//

Unfortunately, you may have to give in and buy another copy.

Ernest Pergrem

Unfortunately, you may have to give in and buy another copy.

If one can prove the purchase how can they deny that though?

Unfortunately, your licence is your proof of purchase.   About 90% of what you pay for the software is for that licence, the physical disc and box cost about $0.80c to produce.

FWIW, I had a similar experience at a local Garden Centre;   bought a snow shovel that snapped on the first day. It had a 12 months guarantee.    BUT.... I had lost the purchase receipt.     Even though I took the shovel back to the shop in the bag that it was supplied in, and even though the sales assistant remembered me, it was a case of;-  no receipt, no exchange.

Unfortunately, your licence is your proof of purchase.   About 90% of what you pay for the software is for that licence, the physical disc and box cost about $0.80c to produce.

FWIW, I had a similar experience at a local Garden Centre;   bought a snow shovel that snapped on the first day. It had a 12 months guarantee.    BUT.... I had lost the purchase receipt.     Even though I took the shovel back to the shop in the bag that it was supplied in, and even though the sales assistant remembered me, it was a case of;-  no receipt, no exchange.

I sent on my girlfriend to handle stuff like that. Her and whatever girl was behind the counter would start chatting and laughing and bang, successful return, with or without a receipt. Guys seem to have a bit of a harder time. :-)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Buy the cheapest Deluxe version at Amazon.com and just use the new codes.

Lost codes are not replaced because there are a million and one ways of providing pictures.

I managed to lose the card with my Serials on it.

You lost them - why should  Microsoft replace them - or do you expect all sellers to replace anything you lose?