Sign in to follow this  
Stormtrooper

I think i need a new watch!

Nah, just one more commercial for unjustifiably expensive watch with poor directing and couple of very cheap ladies.

Nice aircraft footage.

If you think the watch is unjustifiably expensive, wait until you meet Anna.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

You take the watch I'll take the 51....or maybe Anna. :)

Personally, I'll take the F4U over the 'stang anytime! As far as 'the Annas" are concerned... they're probably more high maintenance than the Corsair!

klingon.gif 

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Talking about watches... I was  in the market for a watch recently. I was totally contended with my Lum NAvy Seal Diving watch for over 6 years which broke recently. I swing my arms wildly hitting the door knob in my house shattering the glass (not on purpose).

I wanted the Tag Heuer which was like $3.5K and over my budget.

So I settled on a nice Citizen Men's AT4008-51E Perpetual Chrono A-T Watch

at400851em.jpg

It cost me around $312 at Macy's after all the discounts and taxes. Amazon has it for $390 with taxes  :)

Its radio controlled and since I travel a lot...with a small key press  I set it to different time zones. No battery required. Love it.

I know the OP started this topic that had nothing to do with Watches...But I wanted to talk about my watch! Ha HA!

:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Come on here is the watch to get:

top-coolest-best-latest-new-fun-technolo

Now in three exciting colors.

I would take my P51 into a dog fight with your F4U - may the better pilot win. Not saying the P51 is better but it is not that much worst, IMO. I believe it would be a better skilled pilot to win that match up.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

People still wear watches?

I admit, with all these "smart phones" wonder if as many people wear them as they used to?

I have not seen a watch actually on somebody's wrist outside of a movie in..... forever.

They're all heavy..... And stuff. :-)

And in the sun you get strap lines.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

People still wear watches?

I admit, with all these "smart phones" wonder if as many people wear them as they used to?

I have not seen a watch actually on somebody's wrist outside of a movie in..... forever.

They're all heavy..... And stuff. :-)

And in the sun you get strap lines.

I still wear a watch, and the tan line's only there during the Summer! :P

Yes, I have a couple, but the one I wear most is this one:

RSCN0990.jpg

I've been wearing G-Shocks since they came out in the 80's, and for the price they hold up very well.

Of course, I'd LOVE to have one of these...

94038d1205598447-omega-speedmaster-pro-m

klingon.gif

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I work in a city where people are suited up and very status conscious.  You can tell by touches in the way someone dresses who the power players in the room are.  A watch like this, or nice shoes, or a good suit sends a message.  True, not everybody recognizes it, but the people who matter do.

On the flip side, the environment here is toxic, and I'm desperately trying to move away.  Just trying to point out that what is unjustifiably expensive to some, is a necessary utility to others.

My nephew and I spent a whole day in New York watch-hunting. He finally (after boring me to nearly suicidal levels) picked up something at Macy's for about $1000 (Don't ask me what it was, I was too busy stifling yawns!!!)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Call me old fashioned but I now only use a pocket watch. My iPhone 4s, because I keep it in my pocket  :lol:

Matthew Kane