Sign in to follow this  
jetsflier

What are your Christmas purchases/deals?

Kind of an open-ended question but I was just curious about what everyone has purchased/will be purchasing this holiday season?

I already bought:

Captain Sim 757... love it actually, my favorite airplane IRL!

Captain Sim 767... obviously similar to the 757... love that as well

FeelThere ERJv2... I like the change of pace... gives me a new toy and a smaller one at that to help expand my route map.

All of these were purchased on sale. The Captain Sim were on sale at the 9.99EU sale... about $14USD, Feelthere @ $18.80USD

I plan to purchase:

GEX and UTX USA

Pending further consideration I may buy the FeelThere Embraer E-JETS v1 and v2...

I'd love to hear the bargains and ideas you all had or will be having this holiday season. 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

*Note to admins: I posted this here to try to find bargains as well as to inform others of my bargains!*

I'm thinking maybe..... a..... flightdeck solutions cdu

I've been good Santa

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

Bought Virtivia c-17 Globemaster, Area 51 C-5M Galaxy, and two airport sceneries at 60 percent off sale!!

Still waiting for FlyTampa to have special holiday sale because I want to buy KTPA Tampa and CYUL Montreal sceneries!!

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

I'm thinking maybe..... a..... flightdeck solutions cdu

I've been good Santa

I'm not sure even the Nice List will cut it for such a gift!

Bought Virtivia c-17 Globemaster, Area 51 C-5M Galaxy, and two airport sceneries at 60 percent off sale!!

Still waiting for FlyTampa to have special holiday sale because I want to buy KTPA Tampa and CYUL Montreal sceneries!!

Aharon

I've been interested in those aircraft like the C-5 and C-17 but I don't know... civil air travel suits me better!

the Milviz 407 which drops tomorrow.. perhaps the Twotter extended if it goes on sale.. FTX Global Vector when that releases..

-Damien

With their sale going at the moment, I've stocked up on Orbx products:

Australia SP4

South Alaska

Northern Rocky Mountains

Central Rocky Mountains

Broome

Cairns

Jandakot

Southampton

I'll be getting Orbx Global Vector the minute it comes out, though it wont be in the sale - full price only.

The Captain Sim sale didn't interest me much as I have all that I want from their product range. Still looking at the Carenado sale, but it'll probably end before I can make my mind up. Iris sale - nothing appeals there.

Aerosoft's Twin Otter is a possibility for Christmas Eve !

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I second:

- FeelThere EMB 175/195 (v2) and their regional jets (EMB135/145, or even the Legacy)

- Virtavia C-17 Globemaster

- ORBX Australia SP4, South Alaska, Northern Rocky Mountains, Central Rocky Mountains, Cairns, Southampton

My problem is, I have them all, I'm saturated; what am I supposed to buy next?!?   :lol: 

This has been a great year for Developers putting their products on Holiday Sales, and PC Aviator doing their daily sales it has been a great 2 months for buying FSX add-on's.

I started with the Following

PFPX

REX

FDST- GSX, KLAS

FLIGHTBEAM- KSFO, KIAD

FEELTHERE - EMB 175/195 v2  & EMB135/145

NAMETH- NC-135

CAPTAIN SIM- 737

MEGASCENERY V2 - 4 States

oh all most forgot the MADDOG MD80.

I am hoping between now and the 1st of Jan a few other developers will get in in the fun....

I purchased a bunch of items, some of which I'm happy with and some I wish I didn't buy at all.

In the like category, I got FSDT KFLL and KJFKv2. I also like P3D despite some problems which I am sure LM will work out shortly.

I made a huge mistake when I purchased the 727 from Captain Sim. This is the most frustrating add-on I have ever purchased and I wish I could return it for a refund.

I plan to purchase Active Sky Next. I was blown away by not having any weather injection problems like I have with REX ESS +

I was hoping MilViz would have the P180 ready but that won't happen for awhile.

Orbx Australia Green North

Orbx Juneau

Captain Sim B-52

Tongass Fjords

Aerosoft Toulouse

Aerosoft Holiday Airports

Flight Replicas P-40N

Warbirdsim P-51B/C

FSDT Hawaiian Airports 2

PacSim Fua'Amotu Intl

Nemeth Mi-24

Nemeth AS350

Gonna be a fun Christmas break :)

The one I wish was on sale is the QW 146.  Anybody know if it is?   Been looking but don't see it on any sales site.

I have been looking at FTX for some time, but at this stage and afford the $99.  I don't think it will be on sale for a long time!

Vector seems interesting, but I need to find more information on what exactly it brings to the FSX world.

Or, should I just buy P3D?

I burned a lot of paper money, definitely more than I can afford. On the other hand all was carefully planned and now I have my Christmas tree covered with aviation presents. Still in a lookout for the Alabeo and FlyTampa if they join the sales fun.

This far the newcomers in my hangar are: Twotter Extended. PCAviator offered an unbeatable price that surpassed the pitiful old owner 20% discount by Aerosoft easily. The plane itself is a pearl, a true classic that will be in good use for a long time. Thanks PCAviator! For same kind of operations I added Carenado's Caravan, which seems to be OK.

Aerosoft Bronco was purchased due to good reviews, which I can confirm. I just should find a purpose for it, maybe some liaison flights in the US... Again PCAviator sold it with really gentle price. From the same company a bit of a surprise was a Hughes racer, which seems to be very interesting addon and reminds me of a Sibwings An-2 when we are talking complex engine management. I shall certainly imagine myself as Howard Hughes some day...

I've had not so pleasant experience with Milviz F-86, which I tried to purchase from the earlier sale but due to the awful F1 wrapper I could not get it installed. Now I was careful and bought it from a reseller free of any burden for the customer. The plane is greater than I expected, a great immersion, great everything.

Sceneries included a set of Vidan Designs little airports, which make Denmark an interesting place to fly. They were sold in pocket money prices. Only if I could find a Danish registered plane for the sim! From the Flightbeam offer I chose KIAD and KSFO, both are basic stuff for US operations. The Frisco is a bit of disappointment, but serves its purpose.

Then the surprise sale was the Orbx, which really upset my budget. The price for UK was so low that I took all three and some interesting airports there as well. For the price I paid I cannot complain much, but I have to say that selling England is not the whole truth. Western part of it is not in the coverage area! South Alaska is as cool as everybody knows.

Drzewiecki was a certain winner and I added Warsaw and N.Y. The latter is merely a background for the KJFK and La Guardia operations, otherwise its unusable for the poor fps perfomance but in that role it serves its purpose. Looks cool from afar.

Don' t envy me, but I guess that my FSX is now as complete as it can be. Happy man goes flying. Merry Christmas!

Corsair H100i picked up today and installed with 4 fans.  It was a bit of a squeeze and had to do without a few of the holding bolts as the radiator impacts the case top by about 2mm.  However I'm running at 4.5GHz and it's very early days yet!  A +10c drop in temps changing from H80.