Sign in to follow this  
TheFamilyMan

Near Miss! How far we've come....

Obviously a crude 'shop job on my part....who would have thought back then it could come to this.

Enjoy and thanks for viewing.

u4mv.jpg

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Who remembers the Amiga A320? I thought it was the bees knees at the time!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Thanks for all your feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

This composition was made as a joke for my IL-2 squad a few months ago, comparing my AC (the P51 obviously) to theirs.  I missed the point of a then-and-now theme when I made it, though that really makes better sense and hence my reason for posting it here.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

The texture work is just phenomenal, and the way the light glistens off the exterior makes you really feel like you're there..  But enough about the Learjet...   :lol:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I was watching the YouTube video showing the history of Flight Simulator, posted elsewhere on the forum, and I thought about how the history of Flight Simulator parallels that of the home pc.  At least as far as showing the advances of the processing and graphics technology over the years.  Flight sim really was the Halo of its' day.  I think it's the only "Franchise" game/sim continuously produced since the birth of the pc. With every major advance in CPU tech, Flight Simulator pushed the technology to its' limits. Then we started using discreet graphics cards and it pushed those limits, too. It's been a fun evolution to watch.  I think that to many in my generation, computers aren't something we grew up with, computers grew up with us.  :smile:

Wow! The flight simulator have came in a very very long way!

I find the history of Microsoft flight simulator so fascinating how much have changed and improved.

Do you all remember sublogic A.T.P.? It was the best simulator.

Brian Pogorek