Sign in to follow this  
chatman

Help with UT2 displaying no AI-aircraft

Hi!

I managed to get UT2 installed into P3D without having my FSX anymore (used migration tool)

That worked with my old UT installer, however after installing a new traffic file the UT manager would't start anymore.

Figured out that I needed the new 2.09 installer.

Downloaded and installed. Now the Mangaer worked with the new traffic file.

BUT: no AI traffic in P3D now :rolleyes:

When checking the master compatibility list again I saw it said

"must also change the dll.xml to point to P3D versions of traffictoolbox.dll and visualfxtool.dll (leave object_placement.dll pointing to fsx version)

Installing into P3D will disable use in FSX--program uses registry settings to point to a single installed program folder"

However i have no such files?

Any idea on how to get the UT AI-traffic to display?

Thanks!

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

UT2 is NOT compatible with P3D v2.

UT2 in NOT compatible with WIN 8.1

So if you have one or both installed it will not work.

UT2 is NOT compatible with P3D v2.

Well according the compatibility list and many users in various forums ist is (maybe not official but still)

No Windows 8 tough

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

You probably could make it work but it would take a few manual changes. look at your FSX install and figure it out. true:

"must also change the dll.xml to point to P3D versions of traffictoolbox.dll and visualfxtool.dll (leave object_placement.dll pointing to fsx version)

Installing into P3D will disable use in FSX--program uses registry settings to point to a single installed program folder"

As I stated in my initial post, I already uninstalled my copy of FSX.

I know which changes have to be made but apart from exe. xml I don't have them.

I wouldn't insist if it hadn't worked with the first install I did...

make sure you add the UT2 traffic folder to the prepar3d.cfg or it wont find the traffic and make sure the ut2 aircraft folder is in simobjects

SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\UT2 folder name here.

I have not tried UT2 in p3dv2 yet but i might as the eula allows its usage in any sim as long as you only have one copy installed

• Upvote 1

-Paul-

yep it works with p3dv2, i have disabled GA traffic as i dont want it using GA aircraft that ships with p3d but some of the paints on the aircraft needs some work as they glow in the dark.

you need the exe.xml not the dll.xml.

Here is a copy of mine for you to copy and paste, you just need to fix your install location of prepar3dv2

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>D:\Prepar3D v2\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

• Upvote 2

-Paul-

Thanks gandy!

Both entries are present.

Again, it worked with the initial installation of UT.

The fall/winter schedules required reinstallation of UT with version 2.09 and since that all AI traffic is gone.

So I came across the entry in the compatibility list that stated "must also change the dll.xml to point to P3D versions of traffictoolbox.dll and visualfxtool.dll (leave object_placement.dll pointing to fsx version)"

If nothing else helps I'll have to uninstall UT and reinstall the old version with outdated schedules again.

OK - strange thing happened: started P3D today and *boom* AI traffic is there :Thinking:

No changes made. :unknw:

No idea what happened but glad it works now.

Thanks for yopu help anyway!

and a huge 

yep it works with p3dv2, i have disabled GA traffic as i dont want it using GA aircraft that ships with p3d but some of the paints on the aircraft needs some work as they glow in the dark.

Here is a copy of mine for you to copy and paste, you just need to fix your install location of prepar3dv2

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>D:\Prepar3D v2\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

and a huge thanks from me, got my mine working...

I purchased P3dV2 at 3am on 1st January, after coming home from a new years party slightly worse for wear and thought id quickly check my email, which somehow turned into buying p3d.  It sat unzipped for 3 days...

on the 3nd day the new "Miss Tooting" called me   telling me she had flu and wasnt going to be around for a few days and as I have 5 days off work, (after working the hellish EGKK christmas eve debackle...) here I am 3 days on and im still slowly plodding through my new p3d installation, and amazed at all the great info on the forumn about the work arounds and tweaks absolutely brillant.

14ppkc-6.png

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>UT2</Name>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Did anyone manage to get the add-ons menu entries for UT2 to show up in p3d?  I'm not seeing them despite the exe.xml change.. (nor any traffic, whereas with fsx its working fine.. i've added the simobjects line too).. i see that the ut2 process is started when the sim does though..

Does this require legacy mode with EMT (fsx.exe trick).. tried both to no avail.

In supertrafficboard i can see the ut2 traffic listed.. if i kill the ut2services.exe the listing goes blank.. if i try to view the cockpit of an AI, it usually just seems to show the lower dashboard of my own craft or doesnt change.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Did anyone manage to get the add-ons menu entries for UT2 to show up in p3d?  I'm not seeing them despite the exe.xml change.. (nor any traffic, whereas with fsx its working fine.. i've added the simobjects line too).. i see that the ut2 process is started when the sim does though..

Does this require legacy mode with EMT (fsx.exe trick).. tried both to no avail.

In supertrafficboard i can see the ut2 traffic listed.. if i kill the ut2services.exe the listing goes blank.. if i try to view the cockpit of an AI, it usually just seems to show the lower dashboard of my own craft or doesnt change.

Did you check and see if your drive letter is the same as your install path of your exe.xml?

The example above is: <Path>D:\Prepar3D v2\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>

However your drive letter may be different

i9 10850K, RTX3080, MSFS.

My avsim uploads      Myflightsim.to uploads

Did you check and see if your drive letter is the same as your install path of your exe.xml?

The example above is: <Path>D:\Prepar3D v2\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>

However your drive letter may be different

Update:  in 2.0 it started working.. unsure why..

I then did a clean install to 2.1 and i can hear the "ultimate traffic is initializing" plays (due to exe.xml entry).. but no traffic is injected.. i saw a few others had the same issue... in my case not a path issue and simobj reference is in the cfg

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Things didn't work out until I realized that in my case, the full path was: D:\Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe

That did the trick and my airports are populated. Thank you for your help,

Jos

Don't forget to add UT2 Aircraft to the p3d.cfg file. The installer did no do this in my case.

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter, Submersible, ExternalSim

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Submersible

SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft