Sign in to follow this  
gramaticus

high-resolution VC option (FSX)

Hi Members.

Recently purchased the Aerosoft Extended (a download) and after taking the time and trouble to read the manuals discovered an issue with a font affecting the ND display and MCDU II. After posting on the Aerosoft forum I got an answer to the problem but the solution in itself has generated a further issue.

To solve the initial issue the high-resolution VC option box has to be ticked.

Either way I do it (from the Settings screen or from the Settings menu within FSX) the simulator crashes with a fatal error and restarts and I'm back to square one.

I can force it to work by selecting a different aircraft, making the change and then loading the aerosoft a/c, but it's not ideal. Is there a change (or addition) I can make to the FSX.cfg file to make this VC option active on a permanent basis.

Many thanks

Paul

Hi Paul.

Is the error you receive specific ?

In any case, the cfg entry is:

[GRAPHICS]

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1

Regards,

Brian Doney

The change should stick if you, after enabling the option, shut down FSX. Settings should be saved during termination of FSX.

Does your FSX shut down normally, or does shutdown end in another error message?

EDIT:

Gathered from "the other" forum: Issue could also be due to not launching FSX "as an administrator".

Edited by olli4740

Hi Guys

Thanks for the quick reply - Brian...appreciate that, will try and find the cfg file and check (but it is specific in that it is the same error message and always after making this change)...and olli4740 not sure as it "looks for a solution to the problem" and then restarts FSX

The .cfg file is typically located:

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

This is an interesting one. Any technical details you can provide from the crash messages would be helpful.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Hi Brian

Have found the file and noticed that the line was set to 0 (Zero)

Have changed it to 1 AND saved it....will let you know if and when I restart the Sim

Many thanks

Paul

Glad that worked out.

Still would like to know why it was crashing though... :Nerd:

Regards,

Brian Doney