Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Welcome New Members!

:lol: B) :PFollowing an intervention from the heart, I made more than nine months of hospital? Therefor the morale was not venue for what is for the FSX :(

Now aged 61 I began to revive slowly. :lol:

Kind regards

Angel

Take care of yourself! The planes can always wait.  ^_^

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just thought I would make a post after lurking for a while and have enjoyed reading a lot of threads.

So why am I here?, well I have been a DCS A10C user for some time until I got bored of flying the same thing over and over in the same combat theatre as well which I never cared for the weapon simulation side either, so dropped DCS all together and after about 1-2 years finally went for Prepare3d, carenado b200 with REX 4. Was it a good decision, well yeah visually its miles better as well with countless of addons to come out.

I am only 21 so must be one the younger ones on the forums but what got me interested in aircraft, for all my life I have lived in Capel-Le-Ferne which is between Dover and Folkestone in the UK which seems to be a traffic highway for everything along with spitfires and old museum planes practising almost all year round (Probably for Battle of Britain memoral down the road) so growing up with planes around was the culprit (I am sure gonna miss that V12 Merlin sound at 3.00pm).

Looking forward to P3D release of Active Sky Next and the 1900 from carenado also the Phenom to, would like a PMDG but don't think there are any for P3D yet and there rather expensive.

Oh and LM needs to hurry up with that patch they promised.

Just thought I would make a post after lurking for a while and have enjoyed reading a lot of threads.

So why am I here?, well I have been a DCS A10C user for some time until I got bored of flying the same thing over and over in the same combat theatre as well which I never cared for the weapon simulation side either, so dropped DCS all together and after about 1-2 years finally went for Prepare3d, carenado b200 with REX 4. Was it a good decision, well yeah visually its miles better as well with countless of addons to come out.

I am only 21 so must be one the younger ones on the forums but what got me interested in aircraft, for all my life I have lived in Capel-Le-Ferne which is between Dover and Folkestone in the UK which seems to be a traffic highway for everything along with spitfires and old museum planes practising almost all year round (Probably for Battle of Britain memoral down the road) so growing up with planes around was the culprit (I am sure gonna miss that V12 Merlin sound at 3.00pm).

Looking forward to P3D release of Active Sky Next and the 1900 from carenado also the Phenom to, would like a PMDG but don't think there are any for P3D yet and there rather expensive.

Oh and LM needs to hurry up with that patch they promised.

Glad you decided to stop lurking! And welcome to the forums.  \o/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hello,

I appreciate your allowing me to join the forum. I have been using FSX as a training and refresher tool for my Real World flying. Also, driving a B737-800 around on the old PC is a bunch cheaper and easier than in real life! As far as real world aircraft, I have been flying and training in a couple Diamond DA-20 & DA-40's with an occasional jont in a 172 . The nicest aircraft I've ever personally flown is a Cessna Citation Mustang. Truly and amazing aircraft with an Avionics package that make professional ATP's drool over! I enjoy aviation and have been using FSX for about a year after borrowing it from a friend. Flight sims never interested me until a tour of Lockheed Martin where I was able to shoot a few carrier approaches in their F-35 JSF Simulator. Really amazing! I was in the U.S. Army and was wounded in Iraq several years ago. I was an 11Bravo (Infantryman) and was about to go to Warrant Officer & flight school when I was wounded. I love Rotary aircraft, but as I am now an amputee, helicopters aren't a possibility and neither is a commercial aviation career. I don't much care for flying helo's on the sim as I'm a seat of the pants pilot and I feel too detached from the helicopters. So the sim is a descent way to get a very small taste of high performance jets.

I'm starting to get more involved with FSX and interested in Upgrades. I purchased REX-4 and am about to buy the key for FSPassengers. I'm considering joining a Virtual Airline as well as getting the VRS SuperBug and TacPack. I'm interested in the PMDG 737-800 and the PMDG 747 but they are pretty pricey. If anyone has a favorite A380 they prefer let me know as well. I'm also in the market for a very realistic Scenery and Topo upgrade if anyone has some recommendations.

Thank you!

Regards,

11Bravo

Hi everyone just came on board had my first FS experience back in I think it was 1995 about same time I got into RC flying been interested in flight since I was a kid, got away from FS for quite a while, couple years ago got me a powered parachute, that's a good time, but with winter being what it is in my area I need something to do so I decided to get back into FS so I purchased the Flight Sim X, just a little about me glad to be on board.

Hello Tom and everyone else. Thanks for the kind welcome to your forum. I'm a 'seasoned beginner' at FSX having bought it middle of last year. I've probably spent most of that time trying to get the software looking and running the way I want it to instead of learning to fly properly - but I'm getting there slowly. I don't have any real-world aviation experience, so between learning how to improve FSX through tweaking and various add-ons, to actually learning how to 'fly' properly, it's been quite a severe learning curve. Hope you'll be patient with me as I find my feet in your forum (I have so many questions!) and I look forward to being a member of your community.

Regards,

Andy 

Good evening and thanks for the welcome .

It is always good to meet People who just like myself are

addicted Flight Sim Pilots  :crazy:

I have followed Avsim forum for very long time and now

I registered as a member .

Avsim is really awesome  :drinks:

Just like people here I enjoy  my flightsims.

I have being in the virtual skies since Fs98  .

I also have Fsx and Virtual Pilot 3D Pro from here : http://www.virtualpilot3d.com

But my favorite FlightSim is the good old Fs2004 .

Just like people here I have customized it to the limits  .

I prefer to fly in China  :china-flag: I collect everything I can get my hands at from China .

In my daily Flights I fly a heavily modificated iFly 737 - 700 from China Eastern Airlines.

P1040051.JPG

P1040052.JPG

Now I prepare to go to the Skies .

Again Thanks for the welcome :drinks:  

阳初  :hi:

Welcome to those who have recently joined. Enjoy your time here at Avsim. We are a friendly bunch.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have been lurking as a guest for a while and I can see you are a friendly, helpful and knowledgeable bunch.

I have a friend who has been 'simming' since the DOS days and I wanted to see what the attraction was, so I bought FSX just on a year ago and have spent the time since then learning some of the intricacies of simulation flying, but I have a long way to go.

I had a couple of flying lessons about 25 years ago but I couldn't afford to keep going.  I could probably afford it now but my age and health are against me so this is the next best thing.

I am looking forward to chatting with you all and developing my knowledge and skills as far as I can.