Sign in to follow this  
ajpongress

iFly is integrating Wx radar using ASN

Will probably become even easier with P3Dv2...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Technically Majestic with their Q400 was the first to model weather accurately, even though it was modeling the broken fsx engine. I hope they update it for ASN. And I hope PMDG update theirs because honestly I'm too spoiled by PMDG to go back to iFly.

Not sure if PMDG has commented on this, but ASN has mentioned they are willing to work with developers to integrate their radar into the addon NDs.  Here's hoping PMDG will take them up on this offer, as all indications point out that we finally have an accurate wx radar.   Thanks to ASN, we can now enable turbulence in PMDG birds, even Tabs has acknowledged this breakthrough, I have to believe they will change their mind on their long held stance against FSX weather radars.

Thanks to ASN, we can now enable turbulence in PMDG birds, even Tabs has acknowledged this breakthrough

Not sure I agree with that statement. Have had turbulence with no S turns on all PMDG planes  ( with no help from fsuipc ) using Opus for the last 18 months.

With all due respect, ASN is a great weather engine, but getting credit for everything  is just a wee bit over the top.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The prerelease announcement mentions FSX and P3D V2. I hope that 1.4 gets the update. I already feel like a red-headed step-child for owning the iFly 737NG for P3D.

James McLees

I wonder what else is going to be in that patch, they have come along way from ver1.X which is what most people remember, now they are on something like ver3.2.X, not even the same A/C. I know they have a number of commercial companies that are using their P3D version and they also should be releasing their P3Dver2 model soon if it's not out already.

Has there been any changes to the vc textures? Every time I look at getting it for the BBJ I stop. It's not bad by any means it just seems a tad sterile.

One of the best addons available though that has constantly been improved

The VC, nor the lighting has been addressed. Lot of system upgrades, but never a mention of a graphical overhaul.

Not sure I agree with that statement. Have had turbulence with no S turns on all PMDG planes  ( with no help from fsuipc ) using Opus for the last 18 months.

With all due respect, ASN is a great weather engine, but getting credit for everything  is just a wee bit over the top.

Agreed. I didn't have turbulence in AS2012 since the SP1 a year ago