Sign in to follow this  
ANAMIV

Download Managers

For the downloading for the fsx addon "RexLattitude there is

an advice to use a reputable Download Manager. ( Flash Get)

Has anyone found this to be of any benefit?

regards

ANAMIV

Flash Get is a good program, but...

I personally prefer Internet Download Manager (IDM), as it's super reliable, integrates into any web browser, and is usually updated within hours of any new browser update being released. http://internetdownloadmanager.com/

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Flash Get is a good program, but...

I personally prefer Internet Download Manager (IDM), as it's super reliable, integrates into any web browser, and is usually updated within hours of any new browser update being released. http://internetdownloadmanager.com/

I have been using IDM for years and agree with you Philip. It's payware, but worth every penny.

+ 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Plus 3!!,!

I bought a TON of the Orbx stuff this month and IDM never failed me! Finally purchased it as the trial was running out.

B.

Depending on your internet connection it may be beneficial. Personally I haven't used any download managers since I ditched dial-up and there's never been any problems.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

If you are using Firefox as a browser, then I use and recommend DownThemAll!, which hooks into Firefox. It's free, but donations are welcome.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/downthemall/

In fact, I'm using DownThemAll! right now to grab a whole bunch of BIG files from the USGS site. You would think a U.S. government site would have reliable downloads, right? Then you would be wrong!!! Thank goodness I found DownThemAll!, as it really has made my life a little more stress-free.