Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

It Never Ends... Absurdity, that is...

They could have at least reported on what kind of sandwich it was.

As always, context is key.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Even more absurd than $100 dollar Hamburgers........  :wacko:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

In the "good old days" when BEA and AF had a revenue sharing agreement for the London-Paris route, the quality of the sandwiches was specified in the agreement to ensure neither enticed passengers by offering a better sandwich than the other!

Also in those days, BOAC captains wouldn't travel to their aircraft in the same vehicle as the rest of their crew. They had to be provided with separate car and driver to ferry them from the terminal to the aircraft.

Similarly, BEA pilots had an agreement that they couldn't be required to take an outbound flight from their base if it meant they couldn't return before the scheduled end of their duty period. This was nothing to with safety limitations on their flying hours. Pilots would be queuing at the take-off holding point with a full load of passengers and then turn back to the terminal for a new flight crew to be briefed and take over the flight.

"the inflight menu did not include the gourmet treats and had only peanuts, chips and cookies"

Peanuts, chips, and cookies only for a flight from Lahore to New York?? If the crew would not be provided with anything more substantial than that for the flight then I think the pilot made the right call. Not only would going without any real food for so long be uncomfortable for the crew, it could seriously impair their concentration and put the whole flight at risk. 

And the article mentions the 'five star hotel' he got the food from and implies that he is some kind of snob. Often, in that part of the world, the only food that is guaranteed to be safe is from higher-end restaurants. If he got them from an 'average' place he could run the risk of food poisoning. 

And the article mentions the 'five star hotel' he got the food from and implies that he is some kind of snob. Often, in that part of the world, the only food that is guaranteed to be safe is from higher-end restaurants. If he got them from an 'average' place he could run the risk of food poisoning.

That thought did cross my mind, but that's no excuse for not forward planning by the pilot. After all, assuming he has flown that route more than once, he would have surely known what the usual fare was, right? So, why didn't he get himself whatever far in advance of climbing into the cockpit? Airport food no good either? And had I been a passenger on that flight with that as my "meal" choice over that duration, you can be sure that I wouldn't be taking that flight again.

Sammich?  The cupcake is a lie.  Little Miss Ravenlocks wouldn't survive that experience.  Now, if that had been a redhead, not only would she have made you a sandwich, she'd have expected you back in action after you'd eaten it.

As for the story, we only know a tiny part of it, and it IS Fox News.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Really suprised anyone believed the original story. Quite amusing tho in a Sunday tabloid kinda way

Rob Prest

A Pakastani publication defending a Pakastani airline?   Hmmmmmm.

Fox News reporting all of the story?  Hmmmmm.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

A Pakastani publication defending a Pakastani airline?   Hmmmmmm.

Fox News reporting all of the story?  Hmmmmm.

The Fox News article is basically a condensed version of an article in The Nation, which is also a Pakistani paper as far as I can tell.