Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

You can download the freeware xml tool from TweakFS and this will help you determine your current dll.xml status and various other files. VERY handy tool.

Im not sure where the manual is, however im still looking for it

Found mine at C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\RAZBAM\Manual

Forgive the stupid question but how would I tell if its borked my dll.xml ?

open your addons drop down menu, the guys affected have lost all the addons that arent linked to the exe.mxl ie instant scenery, the orbx flows etc

I finaly got a copy of the manual, just cant work out why my engines cut out while at idle, however its looking like its my end not a bug

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

You can download the freeware xml tool from TweakFS and this will help you determine your current dll.xml status and various other files. VERY handy tool.

I think it borked mine. Have a look at this and how do I fix it.

post-137924-0-45027200-1387640583.jpg

Read what it says.. dll.xml was found. Check it's content, if it's empty you will probably see only razbam's entry. If so, check the folder and see if you have a backup dll (lots of addons create backups of that file before assigning it's entry to it) this way you can restore what was there before Razbam. You can click the tabs above and see the contents of each file. For some reason your exe.xml is missing, however it's not a mandatory file unless some addons use it. SimConnect.xml missing is something quite usual, but it's better to fill the gap by creating it yourself. Go to the simconnect tab and paste the following code. If you can't paste it, create a new txt file, paste it in, then change the extension to .xml and paste the file where dll.xml and exe.xml files are present.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
  <Descr>SimConnect Server Configuration</Descr>
  <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <SimConnect.Comm>
    <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
    <Scope>Global</Scope>
    <MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
    <Address>0.0.0.0</Address>
    <Port>9017</Port>
  </SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

Well I've checked my dll.xml and everything seems fine. All the entries are there along with lots of backups.

Happy to report that it appears to be working fine for me. 

I bought the beta version, and assumed that the final release would be no extra charge.  Is that true? AND how do I get the final release without having to pay again?

Stan

Looks nice, but now with this product messing up xml files...why that would be is certainty messed up...I am on the fence now as I do not want to mess my FSX add ons up.  I'll wait to see what else develops here for the next few hours.

Does Razbam have a support forum any where that we can follow?

Best, Jeff

Edit: found the forum here if anyone is looking for it. :-)

http://www.razbamsims.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=110&sid=7c88d3b7bbdc4169eeb19ee6f8aac344

I didn't see anything mentioned regarding the install messing with xml files there.

I bought the beta version, and assumed that the final release would be no extra charge. Is that true? AND how do I get the final release without having to pay again?

Stan

Just go into your store account and download the file

I like it a lot. I have been playing with it during the beta releases. Nice flight model, good graphics, decent sounds and enough complexity that you need to read the manual. It's a winner for me. It has "personality".

Just read on FB page, manual and paint kit are found in a RAZBAM folder under Documents. If you bought the bundle, then the manual and paint kit have a separate installer (installs under docs as well).

Next Razbam addons are the EMB 120 and then the Saab 340. Looking forward to them.

I think it borked mine. Have a look at this and how do I fix it.

The easiest way to find out if your file is "borked" is to start up flight sim and and open the addon's menu on the main menu bar, if you are missing things in it, then yes it has wiped it

to fix it, its simple

open up the folder where the dll.xml lives in, its the same one as the fsx.cfg. A lot of addons now these days create a back up of these files when they install. Use the latest back up

If you are sitll missing things, find the addon that is missing and go in search in the installed folder and look for a program called module installer and run that one for each of them

it took me about 5 mins to restore it

however you then need to add the razbam entry,  i prefer to use the notepad when working on the the dll.xml, i simplely right click on it and select edit, however you may need to asign notepad to it first

then add the following to the end

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>RAZBAM Metroliner System Control</Name>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Addon Modules\MM3SM.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA