Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

Any idea when the Metro might leave beta?

Released last night.

www.razbamsims.com

As far as I can see the start locks are not simulated...kind of bothers me. Don't mean to be "that guy" but it is a big part of the TPE331 engine. 

Thinking on getting this one... I like it's shape, although deemed 'ugly' by some. Lol.

As far as I can see the start locks are not simulated...kind of bothers me. Don't mean to be "that guy" but it is a big part of the TPE331 engine.

Yes, a Brindabella Airlines check flight had some issues restarting after an in-flight shutdown because of confusion about the start locks.

See ATSB 200404589.

How is this compared to the PMDG JS41? That has the garret too I believe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

How is this compared to the PMDG JS41? That has the garret too I believe.

TPE331 is the Garrett. So you are correct in saying the principles of the JS41 and this are the same. The start locks however are not simulated in this add-on, and the feathering isn't quite right. Visuals are very well indeed and the flight model is nice. I can't justify completing a flight with it as the start locks and feathering isn't correct. If you can look past some of the realism then it's a great aircraft. 

I have some problems with my Metro.

Always after about 10-20 minutes both engines shut down and i can not restart them. No fire, no warnings. EGT is under 650°...

any idea?

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

looking at the prices again.. 15$ difference just for p3d 2 isn't far fetched?

As far as I can see the start locks are not simulated..

You may be right, and this was certainly brought up my beta users.  But check the manual that comes with the document folder:  it does mention how to get the stop locks in place, but it certainly is not the technique used in the J41, and it doesn't seem that the engine catching fire if you try to start without the start locks is simulated.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Apart from the start lock problem, how does it rate against the PMDG JS41?

ZORAN

You may be right, and this was certainly brought up my beta users.  But check the manual that comes with the document folder:  it does mention how to get the stop locks in place, but it certainly is not the technique used in the J41, and it doesn't seem that the engine catching fire if you try to start without the start locks is simulated.

Checked the documentation. It outlines the same procedures required to start the JS41. Lets not forget here that the Metro and the JS41 have the SAME engine. Meaning the same procedures are required to start it. Albeit the JS41 engine is a larger variant. Unfortunately they just aren't modelled correctly. 

Has anyone also found that when moving the prop levers that the engines are very "jumpy?" Not a technical term but the surge and do some very weird things. It may just be the way it's mapped to the Saitek throttle. 

Yes I have the problem but I'm using the keyboard. I'm also having problems starting the engines. My ignition light is staying on so I have to press the start button again to turn if off . Very strange.

I'm a little biased, having flown Metros for about four years, but it's definitely better than the J41 IMO.   A completely convincing, well equipped and functional interior, with pretty much everything you could get in a late model, heavy Metro.   For a new release of a relatively complex aircraft, there's not a lot of bugs and only a few compromised functions.  A decent if not (yet) perfect flight model, certainly better than the Bronco or J41 in that respect.

Like everyone, I wish it was possible to code a perfect facsimile of a Garrett for FSX, but as mentioned it hasn't been done yet.  Start locks and low speed lever rpm use/range aside, Razbam did an excellent job capturing the sound, performance, and proper engine gauge readout at various power settings.

I'll post further observations after flying /navigating a few hours.

Yes I have the problem but I'm using the keyboard. I'm also having problems starting the engines. My ignition light is staying on so I have to press the start button again to turn if off . Very strange.

I think that's the start fuel enrichment light not going out.

Looks like the price just went up to $50.00.  I've never seen a price increase just after release like this.  May have to pass on this one.  Not sure yet.  I was ready to buy for $45.00 now I gotta think a little more about it.

$70 big ones for P3D bundle now...at this rate it's gonna cost hundreds soon.  Better but it now!  : )