Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

Could anyone help? I just installed the Metroliner and as soon as I get into the aircraft there is a PWR FAIL light that keeps on blinking. I have looked all over the cockpit hitting switches etc but cannot find a solution.....

Hi Ciarán

Although I have the Metroliner I have not had this particular event happen, but there is an entry on the Razbam forum about it, and the solution is supposed to be the following..

Have you selected an inverter? The inverter switch is located next to the centre console on the copilot's side of the cockpit.

There are no replies to sate if this did indeed remove the PWR FAIL warning though.

I hope it helps.

Jim Hodkinson

Could anyone help? I just installed the Metroliner and as soon as I get into the aircraft there is a PWR FAIL light that keeps on blinking. I have looked all over the cockpit hitting switches etc but cannot find a solution.....

If im not mistaken its for the nosewheel steering which needs to be armed. Its on the left hand console, just put the nosewheel steering switch to the ARM position. 

Hi Ciarán

Although I have the Metroliner I have not had this particular event happen, but there is an entry on the Razbam forum about it, and the solution is supposed to be the following..

Have you selected an inverter? The inverter switch is located next to the centre console on the copilot's side of the cockpit.

There are no replies to sate if this did indeed remove the PWR FAIL warning though.

I hope it helps.

Jim Hodkinson

I saw this post and tried it out but unfortunately it didn't help.

If im not mistaken its for the nosewheel steering which needs to be armed. Its on the left hand console, just put the nosewheel steering switch to the ARM position. 

I will try this later and see if it works out.

PMDG JS41 is a couple of a classes above, it's finished, and it's cheaper. Please don't tell me that Razbam Metroliner is in the same league with PMDG JS41, PMDG MD11, Leonardo Maddog, coolsky dc 9 classic etc... At same price(or even cheaper), they are fully functional state of art products, and the very best simulations ever made for any desktop simulation. Don't insult above products comparing razbam metroliner with them. 

This is why i can't accept all buggs, missing and wrong details, and apparently lack of interest and support. And that poor excuse that all people in the team uses Acceleration pack and becouse of this is hard to fix all buggs for non-Acceleration users, LOL!

For that price, i expect product to be at least functional

Except, almost all had teething problems (the 777 for instance, is nearly six months out from release and no SP to fix the faulty fly by wire logic).  It's easy to hold others to these standards, but let's not forget that there were huge problems with the NGX at launch as well as the Cool Sky Classic Douglas twin engine.  The developers fixed them, and off we went. 

Except, almost all had teething problems (the 777 for instance, is nearly six months out from release and no SP to fix the faulty fly by wire logic).  It's easy to hold others to these standards, but let's not forget that there were huge problems with the NGX at launch as well as the Cool Sky Classic Douglas twin engine.  The developers fixed them, and off we went. 

In PMDG's defense, I'm a real world pilot, but not a 777 pilot. I don't know how the airplane should feel with its FBW system. I doubt that you are a 777 pilot, so how can you say that there is a fault with the FBW logic? 

Back on topic, every add-on will have mistakes. Nothing is perfect. Maybe poor communication on Razbam's part isn't helping this situation? 

Jared Listinsky

In PMDG's defense, I'm a real world pilot, but not a 777 pilot. I don't know how the airplane should feel with its FBW system. I doubt that you are a 777 pilot, so how can you say that there is a fault with the FBW logic?

Back on topic, every add-on will have mistakes. Nothing is perfect. Maybe poor communication on Razbam's part isn't helping this situation?

PMDG acknowledged the fault themselves. It's what's currently holding up the release of SP1.

Razbam have also acknowledged that they aren't the best at communicating with their customers. They've since taken steps to improve and it's gotten a bit better.

I wouldn't discourage anyone from purchasing the Metro....just do a bit of research first (like any addon). It is, by a long stretch, the best metroliner for FSX......and while not as well modeled as some of the other efforts by PMDG, Majestic etc, it is definitely one of the better turboprops....especially if you're looking for something with Garrett turbines.

I will try this later and see if it works out.

Turning the inverter on (which I was already doing anyway) didn't help the problem for me either. I looked at the left hand console, and see the nose wheel steering switches, but none of them are labeled ARM. However, I do seem to have fixed the problem. When I first installed the new SP, I didn't uninstall the old software, I did it again: uninstalled then installed the new SP. And now the PWR FAIL light has disappeared. At least in P3D2, haven't checked FSX yet.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Would like to correct my earlier post - I spoke before fully checking.  I was wrong when I said that turning the inverters on did not extinguish the PWR FAIL lights.  It works for me - in both FSX and P3D2. I did finally find the nosewheel steer ARM switch (the label is obscured in my general view setup, but I see it when I hover over the switch). Although settings of this switch did seem to affect the PWR FAIL light, ARMing it did not extinguish PWR FAIL unless one of the inverters is ON.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Hi Aviatorman

Glad to hear that the inverter switch position helped out with your PWR FAIL issue, I have no idea as to why it didn’t work for Ciaran though, just out of curiosity though do you have acceleration installed (as I do) or just the vanilla FSX with the service packs.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jim Hodkinson

Hello

Ive just updated the Metro and trying to find the realism gauge, I cant find no reference to it in the manual

And direction would be a great help

Thanks

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

just out of curiosity though do you have acceleration installed (as I do) or just the vanilla FSX with the service packs.

Hi Jim

I do not have Acceleration, just SP1 an d SP2.

Hi AviatorMan

Thank you for taking the time out to reply, and it does seem to confirm that Acceleration is not a requirement for stopping any PWR FAIL notifications, it was just a thought anyway.

Thanks again and take care.

Jim Hodkinson