Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

I think that Razbam did a decent job of the metro.

I am training to be a FO on the metro and id say Razbams product is pretty close to the real thing. They modelled all the systems fairly accurately. The cockpit layout is realistic, it handles decently. A tad slow after rotation but the metro isnt a very agile plane and has to be flown with a lot of trim. I cant speak much for the autopilot and GPS and the company i fly for doesnt have either in their metros.... 

Overall razbam did a fairly accurate model of the metro. I think its a notch above the Carenado product line so that is always a plus. 

Interesting to know, thanks.

Wound up holding off on this sale.  I'm sure I'll be tempted yet again if it comes back on the discount rack for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Mod update: There was a small flaw in the GPU logic. The annunciator light now extinguishes when disconnecting it.

Link, as usual:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMa3V1SWZtcUJLWFE/view?usp=sharing

Upgrade:
Replace RM3_Custom_BK.xml

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I had the same problem last night with flameouts.  Had two of them while flying out of mountains @ NZQN.  I also believe it was because I was pushing the rpm's to redline for too long trying to gain enough altitude to clear the tops of the mountains.  Believe I was getting a bit of a down draft as climbing was slow.

The third time I backed off a little on rpm's and had to a circle to be able to clear the tops.  Glad it was a clear day, LOL...

I also could not restart engines in the air, had to reload the plane.

Think I'll have to baby this thing a little bit more.

wtr49p

I had the same problem last night with flameouts.  Had two of them while flying out of mountains @ NZQN.  I also believe it was because I was pushing the rpm's to redline for too long trying to gain enough altitude to clear the tops of the mountains.  Believe I was getting a bit of a down draft as climbing was slow.

The third time I backed off a little on rpm's and had to a circle to be able to clear the tops.  Glad it was a clear day, LOL...

I also could not restart engines in the air, had to reload the plane.

Think I'll have to baby this thing a little bit more.

wtr49p

I had the same problem on my first flight which oddly enough was from Milford Sound to NZCH. Later I found out it was because I didn't have the "SINGLE RED LINE autostart computer" (SRL) turned on. See page 1-22 in the manual, I think SRL controls exhaust gas temp by enriching fuel, without it you overtemp very easily making it difficult to climb at all. Also the Metro loads into the sim heavy so press Shift+2 and get rid of some payload, people, and fuel before you fly.

Jim

Yes very good advice Jim.  I think many of us have been caught out by the same technicalities of this odd, complex little turbo-prop.   It shows how good the modelling and systems are, that things like the SRL are mandatory for making sure you enjoy a landing as well as a take-off, in this one! 

Hello, I finally decided to buy this aircraft in the last bunch of sales.  My first three flights were great, lots of fun to learn this new aircraft.  However, today I'm having a very strange issue.  After starting my engines, if I switch to the external spot view (either by pressing "s" or selecting the view from the menu), my left engine will shut down.  It's completely reproducible, happens every time now, never happened before.  It's always the left engine, never the right.  Even if I restart the engine, it will shut down as soon as I switch to an external view.

Probably one of the strangest things I've encountered in my years of flight simming.

Any thoughts?  This is in P3D but I thought I'd post here as it's a pretty active thread...

Thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Ok, so the problem was solved by changing my start-up flight to one with the engines running, all systems on etc.  Weird that the issue didn't occur before though, and definitely a first time I've had an issue caused by changing views!

Now back to doing some puddle jumping with this fun little plane...

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I had the same problem on my first flight which oddly enough was from Milford Sound to NZCH. Later I found out it was because I didn't have the "SINGLE RED LINE autostart computer" (SRL) turned on. See page 1-22 in the manual, I think SRL controls exhaust gas temp by enriching fuel, without it you overtemp very easily making it difficult to climb at all. Also the Metro loads into the sim heavy so press Shift+2 and get rid of some payload, people, and fuel before you fly.

Jim

I don't fly on a Metroliner, but on a type with the same TPE331 engines. The SRL is what the name says, it takes the EGT from the actual sensors and converts it into a 'conditioned' EGT for display on the gauge. The main benefit is that you have a Single Red Line limit to worry about as pilot. It does not do anything to control fuel flow or enrichment (perhaps maybe 'instruct' the fuel control unit during an autostart procedure).

With SRL off, the actual temperature limit will change with flight conditions, environmental variables and more. So a limit of 600C at takeoff might decrease to 580C in climb or cruise. With SRL off, the highest EGT limit is around 635C if I'm not mistaken (and that's in +50C OAT, a more reasonable +20C OAT will give you around 600C as limit).

So if you are pushing the EGT to the red line without SRL, you are quite definitely overheating the engines :P . You can fly without SRL just fine, as long as there is a reference table somewhere in the manual to give you the correct EGT limits for the conditions (temperature, speed, RPM setting).

Anyway, just thought I'd drop this in here since I was reading up on this addon myself.

I don't fly on a Metroliner, but on a type with the same TPE331 engines. The SRL is what the name says, it takes the EGT from the actual sensors and converts it into a 'conditioned' EGT for display on the gauge. The main benefit is that you have a Single Red Line limit to worry about as pilot. It does not do anything to control fuel flow or enrichment (perhaps maybe 'instruct' the fuel control unit during an autostart procedure).

With SRL off, the actual temperature limit will change with flight conditions, environmental variables and more. So a limit of 600C at takeoff might decrease to 580C in climb or cruise. With SRL off, the highest EGT limit is around 635C if I'm not mistaken (and that's in +50C OAT, a more reasonable +20C OAT will give you around 600C as limit).

So if you are pushing the EGT to the red line without SRL, you are quite definitely overheating the engines :P . You can fly without SRL just fine, as long as there is a reference table somewhere in the manual to give you the correct EGT limits for the conditions (temperature, speed, RPM setting).

Anyway, just thought I'd drop this in here since I was reading up on this addon myself.

I love this kind of posts as well as all the other anecdotes about the Sewer Pipe on pilots forums across the web.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Wow, I just bought this aircraft and I am blown away with it.   I've just installed Bjoern's mods and improvements and they make a fantastic aircraft even better.   I've come to FSX after a 8 year break from the hobby so a model and virtual cockpit that looks as immersive as this is a real treat for me.  And this aircraft flies beautifully.  A twin engine, torquey Turbo prop with no autopilot - that's what I'm talking about! ... good job it trims so nicely.

This is one of the best models I've ever flown in FS.    I know..... I have a lot of catching up to do,  A2A is next on my list, but I will be flying this Metro for a while first.